Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Buying land cheap
by Hoopy
[October 23, 2018, 09:11:01 pm]
Re: G'day from sydney
by rwa
[October 23, 2018, 09:59:59 am]
Re: The Bunker
by grenadier
[October 23, 2018, 07:33:42 am]
Re: Why I think archery is an important skill
by Arkane
[October 23, 2018, 05:44:18 am]
Re: G'day from sydney
by Arkane
[October 23, 2018, 05:36:47 am]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 50204
  • *Total Topics: 4450
  • *Online Today: 88
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 36
  • *Total: 36
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 236

Author Topic: How did you prepare today?  (Read 637291 times)

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
Re: How did you prepare today?
« Reply #3465 on: July 30, 2018, 11:49:26 am »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is a wedgie that likes to take my goat kids. I have thought about shooting it, but I am told they are protected. My fire unit is 2 x 1000 litre shuttles and a firefighter pump on a truck, and a single shuttle and pump on trailer hitched to tractor.

think of all the rabbits that wedgie would be killing.

sea-dove

« Reply #3466 on: July 30, 2018, 03:07:28 pm »

Im still working on the garden here.. a tiny bit at a time.

I was hoping to pick up a fruiting prickly pear cactus today but Im still waiting for my friend to get back from interstate so I can go and get it. Hopefully the people will still have it by then.

edit..  I have it now :) ..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:40:10 pm by sea-dove »

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #3467 on: August 03, 2018, 06:56:13 am »

Cooked a pig on the week end and the new spit roaster motor and gearbox worked a treat.
Still dry as a wooden god around here.
More calves being born everyweek and feed getting less and less :(
Crows are starting to steal our soft skinned mandarins again and we will have to pick and juice what we can not eat.
Cooking a large turkey on the spit this weekend.
Eating is one of my preps. lmao  ::) ;D ;D ;D
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Gympiegoat

« Reply #3468 on: August 03, 2018, 10:07:21 am »

Do not make it sound too tempting & juicy there Doomie or you will have hordes of Ozpreppers make it their preferred BOL. LOL

Gympiegoat

« Reply #3469 on: August 03, 2018, 10:09:38 am »

Still mulching here to reduce watering & weeding.

Have 16 moringa trees, lots of aloe vera, tumeric & pineapples in growing in pots coming next week. All free. :)

Gympiegoat

« Reply #3470 on: August 10, 2018, 10:40:08 am »

I forked out my last 4x4 roll of mulching hay around some of my mulberry trees which are fruiting well. They are by the dam as they love moisture.
I dumped a shovelful of the last of my mushroom compost into the last empty holes for the next lot of fruit trees.
Been doing a lot of watering of late, 80+ trees a day. Quite windy here.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3471 on: August 14, 2018, 08:01:14 am »

Mixing licks blocks for the cattle atm. Plenty of dry feed, but they have little appetite for the straw.
Yep, the turkey was very tasty thank you!
Being invaded by bloody roos around the house. Anyway there is better feed and even in the orchards!
Will be having a cull over the next few weeks.
The dams I had cleaned out last year are serving us well and water is not a problem.
A lot of new calves born and I am looking to the skies for some rain in september - october.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Gympiegoat

« Reply #3472 on: August 18, 2018, 11:11:23 am »

The old electric pump on my dam finally died. Might have been ants building a nest in it I think. Was only $30 at the flea market but served for 4 years pumping 30 litres a minute. Bought a new one on line for $114 which should be delivered sometime next week. Local dealers wanted $350 - $450 for the same thing by the looks of it. Anyway, I'll soon find out. Old pump was 1.29 HP but they reckon modern 1/2 HP will do the same thing. Hard to believe so I bought a bigger pump from kogan.com but it still looks small compared to the old one. I'm hoping it will do the job.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #3473 on: August 18, 2018, 02:29:56 pm »

I got a small cheap Ozito .87hp - 60/LPM from Bunnings the other week, was only $85 due to the package being missing (ex display).  Works like a charm transferring water between tanks  :P

Gympiegoat

« Reply #3474 on: August 18, 2018, 03:13:18 pm »

Hi odzy, Yep, I saw those on line but was worried they would not be gutzy enough as I am pumping up a 7-8 meter hill from the dam & 70-80 meters to the end of my orchard. I have a $60 900 watt gardenline pump for between tanks around the house, 10,000 gal & shed 10,000 gal, that works great on the flat but will not push water up more than 4 meters on a slope. The pump I have coming is 1500 watt & is supposed to pump 72 LPM & up to 50 meters vertical. My old Jaquzzi did 30 LPM & slowed down to 10 LPM at the top of the orchard, about 8 meters head.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #3475 on: August 18, 2018, 05:09:10 pm »

I wouldn't even try to go uphill with this cheapie... 
To pump the water up from the spring to the tanks I use a much better one (ClayTech Inox Series 250A Pump) as the cheap buggers don't last more than one year or so :(
I got the ozito cheapie purely to transfer water between the tanks during the cleaning the bottom of the tanks.
Lets just say it's an experiment as I didn't wanna use the good pumps to do the dirty sucking ;)
I will definitely post up when the ozito spits the guts lol

Hoopy

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #3476 on: August 18, 2018, 08:39:36 pm »

We got an Ozito  pump for the laundry...it's fed from a 12000 litre tank off the double garage , minimal use and has a three yr warranty 150 bucks.We have a bore at 60 Mt's 9 meter's down is top of water level and it's pumped by a submersible  Grundfos hooked up to a 1 hp Franklin motor and sits at 60 Mt depth that pumps another 20 meters on top of that starting at 50mm for the first 180 odd feet and above ground through 25mm poly , so far a 200 meter head and I know it will pump higher...got it sitting at 50 on the pressure gauge whatever that means...the original Franklin motor lasted 37 yrs and we replaced it 3 weeks ago the Grundfos pump is still going guns.Bit of a pissy how did ya prepare today story but I managed to re hook up the gravity feed crapper tank fed from the bore today...it's been dormant for 12mths.

Gympiegoat

« Reply #3477 on: August 19, 2018, 05:28:51 am »

Yes but it keeps the forum alive with general interest, otherwise people will stop lurking or even posting altogether if we are not prepared to make an effort during quiet times. Life is not all glamour of collapsing stock markets & financial chaos. You have to be prepared to make an effort to keep a community alive but it is the same in any club or organization, there is a core of workers & the rest stand around reaping the benefits.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3478 on: August 20, 2018, 06:45:10 am »

Still making stock lick blocks in our dryyyyyyyyyyyyy time.
Stonefruit are all flowering well and I hope to get some serious plum numbers this year off
the sugar plums and the blood plums.
Got the jack russell cages all in position and mounted.
One less thing foe she who must be obeyed to whinge about.
Have 9 turkey chicks inside atm as the mothers are braindead as a muslim at a pork barbeque.

Download

« Reply #3479 on: August 27, 2018, 06:27:44 pm »

Today I bought a new case for my small EDC. It's a little unconventional. Bought it on sale from Smiggle of all places (an overpriced stationary store aimed at preteens/teens with parents that have too much money  ;D) and it only cost $10 on sale. I bought it for two specific reasons.
One, it's a hard case zip up 'pencil case' with good storage positioning for easy access to stuff and pretty dang sturdy. And two, because it's a pencil case. FAR less likely to draw attention in an every day scenario. If I happened to leave it laying around most people would ignore it for a heck of a lot longer than a tactical looking case covered in cam pattern etc. before getting curious and opening it up.
It looks like it belongs to a kid and hopefully most people wouldn't see it as a source of good gear to nick. Fits my bits and bobs quite nicely although I'm thinking of taking my mutitool out of it's holder to fit in a bit better. I'm not sure whether or not I should though, I feel like I may actually benefit from being able to attach it to my pack or belt.

Not an exciting thing I know, but at the moment I don't have the ability to do all of the things I'd sorely LOVE to do so baby steps! Haha.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 236

Top Posters This Week