Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Climate change
by Arkane
[November 15, 2018, 10:21:18 pm]
Re: How did you prepare today?
by odzy
[November 15, 2018, 07:53:53 am]
by grenadier
[November 14, 2018, 09:20:05 pm]
by Gympiegoat
[November 14, 2018, 07:10:19 pm]
Re: Building a bunker from sleepers
by Paddler
[November 14, 2018, 06:27:35 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 2030
  • *Latest: Nugget

• *Total Posts: 50328
  • *Total Topics: 4457
  • *Online Today: 110
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 62
  • *Total: 62
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Author Topic: ?? are shock things for self defence or stun guns illegal?  (Read 1093 times)

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
?? are shock things for self defence or stun guns illegal?
« on: September 15, 2018, 09:36:17 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login are things like this illegal?

Hoopy

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
Re: ?? are shock things for self defence or stun guns illegal?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 10:29:14 pm »

We've got two cattle prods I keep in the house and I don't have a sign on the gate saying "C'mon in an attack us" ;D   

Littlebudda

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:22:33 pm »

without actually checking the objects out I can say this.

if its been designed as an anti personal device customs wont let it in.  If it does get in and you are caught with it you may be prosecuted.

if it has another use, ie Hoopy's cattle prod, and you reach for the nearest thing you have, and gee wizz its a cattle prod and you are able to use it using reasonable force to counter the threat, you may cop a few hours of questioning but legally your pretty safe.

an example. I had access to CS gas in a former life in purse size canisters and I could have equipped my girls with it but we would have paid a hefty price if caught.  A small can of RID insect repellent or similar will do the same job without the legal implications.

Red

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 09:58:44 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We've got two cattle prods I keep in the house and I don't have a sign on the gate saying "C'mon in an attack us" ;D

I'm with Hoopy on using a jigger. They hurt like a bitch when you get bit by one,  and they're perfectly legal! Wonder how you'd go using a stock-still on a home invader if you managed to get them semi-subdued.....

Hoopy

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 05:17:51 pm »

I recon you'd go great Red...by subdued do you mean Tied Up? I've only seen it once on a cattle station in WA... used to break up a fight by the foreman he touched 'em both one after the other on the knee area and dropped 'em enough to get the message and that's where I got the idea from and hear tell it's more effective on the groin by the same foreman.

Red

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 08:58:08 pm »

I recon you'd go great Red...by subdued do you mean Tied Up? I've only seen it once on a cattle station in WA... used to break up a fight by the foreman he touched 'em both one after the other on the knee area and dropped 'em enough to get the message and that's where I got the idea from and hear tell it's more effective on the groin by the same foreman.

Lol tied up, beaten up, whatever takes your fancy....and once the stock-still is attached they sure as hell wouldn't be moving  ;D

sea-dove

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 09:43:13 pm »

I know a good excuse for having a stun gun..   "Oh officer, I wanted to train the cat to stay off the cupboard, Ive tried everything and are getting desperate"   ;D

rwa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 09:50:07 am »

I still have a cattle prod even though I don't have cattle anymore.

Stun guns will get you in all sorts of trouble if you are found with one. Getting one into the country is a hit and miss and not something I would consider for an instant taking a chance on.

Get a few cans of wasp spray from Bunnings and have them planted around your house. Easily explained away but remember this - hit someone in the eyes with it and the chances of PERMANENTLY blinding them is very, VERY high. Should only be considered as a last resort but if the situation was desperate enough I'd do it.

Hoopy

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 07:48:08 pm »

Oops...I though it was my hairspray Judge an when I was being attacked/raped I got confused.

sea-dove

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 01:37:20 pm »

Get a few cans of wasp spray from Bunnings and have them planted around your house. Easily explained away but remember this - hit someone in the eyes with it and the chances of PERMANENTLY blinding them is very, VERY high. Should only be considered as a last resort but if the situation was desperate enough I'd do it.

Yeah that could get one into heaps of trouble.  I honesty think if one used a stun gun on an intruder and caused no harm you'd probably get into less trouble then if you had made someone blind by "accidently" spraying them when being attacked. People have family too, if you did that to someone just imagine how angry their relatives may feel, you could end up being hunted down by many families.

rwa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 02:04:03 pm »

Sea-Dove, if I had an intruder in my house and they didn't leave when confronted I would, not might …. WOULD hit them in the face with wasp spray. I have been working for Lawyers preparing briefs in criminal and civil matters for 35 years and I've learnt a lot along the way.

Firstly, you must truly believe your life and/or well being is in "real and imminent" danger and be able to convince the Police/a Court that was the case.

Secondly, you are only permitted to take such action as is necessary to neutralise any threat AND NO MORE! The instant a threat ceases, so must you.

Don't fall for that rubbish about dead men tell no tales and do not under any circumstances do anything a later Police forensics investigation will prove you are lying.

What you also must do is advise Police you are in no mental state to answer questions and you will not answer any questions or make any statements until you have spoken to a Solicitor.

Also, note this carefully - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OFF THE RECORD. A standard tactic by Police is when you state you wont answer questions is to pretend to wrap it up by snapping shut their notebook and say something like, "OK, that's cool. But look, help me out here, tell me off the record what happened so I know what to do. Off the record, OK?" I've been in Court enough times to listen to the Police repeating what someone said, stating it was said off the record, and having it admitted.

Hoopy

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 07:22:50 pm »

What rwa said ^^^ exactly.

Sea-Dove... This,Quote "People have family too, if you did that to someone just imagine how angry their relatives may feel, you could end up being hunted down by many families." doesn't apply in any way shape or form or the bad dude wouldn't be inside your home in the first place.That attitude will render you a victim.

sea-dove

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 05:58:14 pm »

Sea-Dove, if I had an intruder in my house and they didn't leave when confronted I would, not might …. WOULD hit them in the face with wasp spray. I have been working for Lawyers preparing briefs in criminal and civil matters for 35 years and I've learnt a lot along the way.

Firstly, you must truly believe your life and/or well being is in "real and imminent" danger and be able to convince the Police/a Court that was the case.

Secondly, you are only permitted to take such action as is necessary to neutralise any threat AND NO MORE! The instant a threat ceases, so must you.

Don't fall for that rubbish about dead men tell no tales and do not under any circumstances do anything a later Police forensics investigation will prove you are lying.

What you also must do is advise Police you are in no mental state to answer questions and you will not answer any questions or make any statements until you have spoken to a Solicitor.

Also, note this carefully - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OFF THE RECORD. A standard tactic by Police is when you state you wont answer questions is to pretend to wrap it up by snapping shut their notebook and say something like, "OK, that's cool. But look, help me out here, tell me off the record what happened so I know what to do. Off the record, OK?" I've been in Court enough times to listen to the Police repeating what someone said, stating it was said off the record, and having it admitted.

Hi rwa. It's people's friends which worry me more then actual jail. You harm a crim and he/she may have several like minded family members or friends.  People tend to only think of the repercussions of the person they are harming but tend to forget that person has family and friends too.

and yeah, I would never trust a cop who tells one something is "off the record".  I dont know if Ive told you but Ive been going through a court case for a few years (there is one against me but I also have one against a government dept which I started first)..   and I dont trust anything Im told. Ive been told I can plead guilty and then all go away and  it will be recorded as a "unrecorded conviction" but no way will I do that when I shouldnt be being changed for what happened at all!!.. . I was actually the victim.   I'll fight it all the way even if its harder for me to prove what actually happened.

The gov dept  has actually lied about things and me..
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:00:09 pm by sea-dove »

Top Posters This Week