Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Time for a revolt
by Paddler
[Today at 07:13:32 am]
Re: The peace preached by the Koran
by hailesellasie
[June 23, 2017, 10:32:41 pm]
by Arkane
[June 23, 2017, 09:08:28 pm]
Re: How did you prepare today?
by sea-dove
[June 23, 2017, 08:24:16 pm]
by sea-dove
[June 23, 2017, 08:07:14 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 44135
  • *Total Topics: 4163
  • *Online Today: 63
  • *Most Online: 406
(February 20, 2016, 05:05:09 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 56
  • *Total: 57

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What are you preparing for?  (Read 12004 times)

Gippsland-Prepper

• Symbolic moderator.
  • Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Semper paratus.
Re: What are you preparing for?
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2017, 10:55:14 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well as of 6 April 2017, i have kept a close eye of the Syrian conflict that could escalate into WW3. US, Russia, China and North Korea are all on edge. Turn on the news anytime and you will see tensions getting worse.

Im wondering if all the guys here would willingly fight for us in a war if say a world war 3 did ever happen and our government introduced army conscription again?  (remember its happened before and so could easily happen again esp when our army is so small).  Or would some of bug out if you got a conscription notice?  (which then would mean possibly hiding out for many years)

I am sure when the next world war conflict starts governments will use conscription, not going to work on me as I am not an Aussie  :) In a way it has been the problem with Americans, they tend to be blinded by their patriotism, they all line up and become canon fodder for the love of their flag, Aussies in my eyes aren't as easily fooled and I am sure if the government here pushes conscription many will buck it, but then again I think Aussieland is in the bigger scheme of things not even a player. 
G- F-CK Y--RS-LF

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY A VOWEL? BAA BAA!

doomsdayprepper4570

• Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2017, 07:06:43 am »

Most of the male able bodied population is over 50 today and then the younger ones are muslim imports!
So older ones would not get called up and they would take away the muslim men.
Win win from where I am sitting lol!
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

graynomad

• Rob's website
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2017, 07:43:18 am »

Im wondering if all the guys here would willingly fight for us in a war if say a world war 3 did ever happen and our government introduced army conscription again?  (remember its happened before and so could easily happen again esp when our army is so small).  Or would some of bug out if you got a conscription notice?  (which then would mean possibly hiding out for many years)

Would I fight? Short answer "No".

Long answer, men have been suckered into fighting other people's wars for 1000s of years, but now we are more likely to see the bullshit for what it is, that is a way for those at the top to increase their power and wealth.

So bottom line...f*ck them.

Another criteria I would apply is, would they fight for us? Let's take the Syrians, would they come over here to help in a civil war between QLD and NSW? I doubt it.

AFAIK all current wars are just power grabs by one side or the other, or the spreading of "democracy" by the US and it's sycophants.

Now if there's a clear and present danger to Oz that would be different. When the Japs were coming through PNG there was no doubt of their goals and intentions, and if possible you don't want the fighting to be on your home ground. So in that case I think it made sense to go overseas to fight.

Fast forward 20 years and we're doing something similar in Nam but there was no obvious threat to Oz, just some nebulous "stop the commies" mantra and piss-weak pollies who wanted to go all the way with LBJ (like he gave a shit). For the record I nearly signed up in '72, but I was 18 and stupid then.

Maybe if there is a clear and present danger to a close ally (UK, US, and especially NZ) then I would sign up, but there pretty much has to be bad-guy boots on the ground giving our mates a pasting.

And then there's bad-guy boots in Oz, that is a totally different story and I think most people would fight like there are storm clouds on the horizon and they are the third monkey on the Ark's ramp.

I still don't think I would "sign up" in the normal sense though, I'm not a big army type these days, I can see me joining some form of militia/guerilla group though.

As for dodging the draft, at my age I won't get called up anyway so that's moot. So I don't know what I would do about that. And if they get to the point of drafting the old farts and kids then we are totally screwed and a few more won't help.
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2017, 08:15:34 am »

None of my boys would be encourage to "join up".
That shit went out in the 30-50's.
Join the forces and get buggered up and then of course you are not entitled to workers comp.
And there is a strong push to get rid of TPI for any vets!
If your kids have half a brain steer them away from the cannon fodder brigade.
Let the polis send their kin to do their dirty work!
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2017, 01:13:29 pm »

Let the polis send their kin to do their dirty work!

no doubt they'd probably try to make sure were put into the safer jobs in a war and wouldnt be out in the front line.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2017, 06:32:31 am »

My backup plan is to send all of the muslim faith with an aussie flag tattooed on their foreheads!

sea-dove

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2017, 03:16:48 pm »

the only reason that went out then is that that was when the last big world war was.

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2017, 03:49:07 pm »

Well as of 6 April 2017, i have kept a close eye of the Syrian conflict that could escalate into WW3. US, Russia, China and North Korea are all on edge. Turn on the news anytime and you will see tensions getting worse.

The next big war will be on way too fast to even consider conscription but if they do conscript then females should be conscripted equally and get equal representation on the front line :D
I am too old to conscript ;D anyway

OzHippy

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2017, 05:30:23 pm »

the only reason that went out then is that that was when the last big world war was.

I was a 2year conscript back in South Africa, the entire country was kind of militarised.  Had to register at age 16.  Once a week at had to go to school in a khaki uniform and do drilling, first aid, shooting etc...  They put every student both boys and girls  on  a two week bush school of indoctrination of course boys and girls separate. 

I recently worked with a Korean guy - they still have conscription in S.Korea.  He told me that it is quite popular to cu the tip of  your index/trigger finger as you are then unable to shoot a gun and get exempting from conscription.  Russia, Israel also have conscription. 
We live in interesting times!!

graynomad

• Rob's website
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2017, 09:00:37 pm »

Once a week at had to go to school in a khaki uniform and do drilling, first aid, shooting etc...  They put every student both boys and girls  on  a two week bush school of indoctrination of course boys and girls separate. 

Sounds like cadets at my school, I loved the bush part of it.
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2017, 05:51:56 am »

Yeah, I had a dose of that myself Rob!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Top Posters This Week