Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 45053
  • *Total Topics: 4217
  • *Online Today: 78
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 47
  • *Total: 48

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: The beast you may become  (Read 11798 times)

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
Re: The beast you may become
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2017, 01:17:03 am »

Time and circumstance are not permitting
Antibiotics are not much good if they are not used in time!

So no there is no time permitting!
Sometimes fast and decisive action is needed if the world has gone to hell!
Morals do not enter into it
And most importantly knowledge is on a need to know basis and most will not need to know!

Same as the cook has no need to know where that meat comes from just how to cook it! ;D

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2017, 03:12:19 am »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You don't know that for a certainty.  Big Pharma companies want to sell as much meds as they can - thus the current recommended doses may be excessive to fundamental requirement.

All medicines go throu medical trials to work out dosages.  Yes big pharma wants to make as much money as it can but big pharma doesnt get to go "oh we can safely give this dose up to such and such so we'll make this dose a standard dose.

The fact there are people in this forum who just want to rush to judgement about taking lives shows a massive lack of understanding.

with some the decision will be always easy to make as they will always choose to save their own child before any other consideration.  I dont think its a lack of understanding but just that they will look after their own family first. If you cant understand this headset which many others have with things, your own life will be in more danger eg you cant reason with someone like this and convince them to give it to another.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:15:33 am by sea-dove »

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2017, 03:30:20 am »

I'd be having a long discussion with that woman and child and my own sick child and depending on what both kids want to do ... splitting the meds and hoping for the best.  (Presumably neither she nor I are trained doctors and neither of us know for a certainty that both might not pull through on a half-dose.)

There will indeed be the need for hard and fast decisions ... in combat and when under immediate threat.
The successful behaviors of a survival group PA are a long way from what is SOP in a military unit ... which seems to be the default mentality of rather a lot of preppers.

The scenario in question here is not one of those situations. 

The half hour (max) you spend working through to a decision on a course of action with your group will be the difference between your group holding tight and it coming to the realization that you will kill anyone who gets in your way without discussion or consideration.  They get suspicious that what you did to an outsider ... you might also do to them. On top of that, the great majority of people just don't like being part of cold blooded killing even if it is for their own benefit. It's a sure way to become a resented and/or despised man.

Enforcing sharing is the best option here, (assuming the outsider can't lead you to a source of additional meds - after all - she got them from somewhere) and even that only after discussion.  You need to be seen to have consideration of others to keep confidence and loyalty of whatever group you're in.

I dont think you've thought this throu properly.

That stranger woman with child who has the meds, do you seriously think she's going to just sit there calmly knowing that you may want her childs meds?  No she isnt going to do that!!... on knowing or suspecting (as after all you've already questioned her about it) that you may want to take her childs meds, she's going to be fleeing or actually preparing to try to kill you as this is life or death to her and she doesnt want you to have those meds  (dont underestimate what a mother may try to do to protect her child)

or have u got her tied up while u are spending the half an hour thinking about this haha to make sure she dont try to kill you while you are thinking?

Though Arkane has taken the opposite decision that I would take in this situation.  He doesnt have to worry about that lady being out to kill him for taking those meds as he's probably killed her while doing so (she may want revenge and not care if she dies in getting if if you took meds and let her child die) and he can more so keep secret what he did from his group and their group goes on all happy.

Where as if you have tie that lady up while you make a decision or get group members to hold her while making the decision and then take her meds.. and then even maybe have then no choice but to kill her due to however she responds, your group are likely to know what you did as the guys will probably go back and tell their wives. Even if group members agree with the action you too, the whole thing will make many of them feel bad.

My question to u Mirage remains.... are you expecting that woman to calmly wait while u spend this 30mins making a decision on to take her kids meds?  Your post sounded like your plan is to calmly speak to her and then just go off to make a decision.  In mean time woman and child will probably vanish or at least try to do so or at the very least she's going to try to hide the drugs and refuse to tell you where they are now (do you then plan to torture that info out of her?....what a messy situation you are now in)... or did you previously already made a decision to forcefully take them from her while you spend 30mins thinking o what to do?. 

There is immediate decisions to be made in this senario where a strange woman has the drugs you want or may want and that is what Im trying to point out. How are you going to keep woman there while you make decision?

Arkane, I have a mental image of Mirage sitting on a log thinking, with the woman on having picked up his gun which was near him, now behind him and blowing his brains out to protect her kid lol.  He never came to making his decision. THE END.

Mirage, you are dealing with a threat, you dont seem to have had thoughts beyond the possibility of thinking about taking that childs meds and of how this will all really work.

If its me and my child u got there, though I arent usually a killer this is one situation I will kill and Im planning to kill you while you are trying to work out what decision to take.  Im aware that I cant hide with a sick child for long and know my kid needs those meds, I know that trying to hide those meds isnt going to work for long, so I have no other option but to kill you BEFORE you have a chance to do anything. Im now a very desperate woman as Ive become very concerned.  All I care about now is my child and the meds which are rightfully my childs which Im worried as you showed a strong interest in them and I know how valuable these are in our SHTF world

Right now Im playing along with you, in conservation mode one could say, acting all nice with you unaware that Im trying to figure out how to kill you.  I cant just injure and escape from you would probably come after me (or another of your group) so I MUST kill you and hide your body well (or make it look like I wasnt involved in your death).

:) this all could be turned into a great board game
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 04:12:09 am by sea-dove »

Mirage

• Jr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2017, 05:27:29 am »

You folks are doing a great job of demonstrating that parts of the prepper fraternity probably constitute the biggest threat to personal safety in the PA world. :o ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It seems probable that you will be raiding each others encampments for loot as soon as you think 'the need' exists. ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Next you'll be nicking trucks off the CFA at gun point during bushfires so you can save your own properties ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

oh well ... to each their own I suppose.

'Just how dangerous is he?'
'Compared to what? ... The bubonic plague?' 
(No Country for Old Men)

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2017, 06:27:08 am »

So Mirage
You would let your own child die instead of some others, awesome parenting there!
I wish none to die but least of all my own kin.

The reality is that in an Apocalyptic event a great proportion of the population will die one way or another
The only thing that will really matter is that you and/or yours are in the survivors group!
If you can get there the easy way good if not any way will do so long as you get there!
This thread is a hypothetical only, what one actually has to do to survive is unknown!

It seems that if you were the one with the meds for your child one would be able to come to an agreement where you share the meds to your childs detriment
and being the honourable person I am I would not just take them by force only by consent! ;D

Seems it would be better to be part of my family than yours maybe!

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIPĀ Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2017, 08:04:05 am »

My hit list for shtf is hospital meds, iv's etc etc, batteries, large gas bottles, fuel if possible.
Collect as much meds as possible and fuck the world rebuilders!
If things are that bad then most goodie two shoes will be dead.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Mirage

• Jr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2017, 08:01:59 am »

So Mirage
You would let your own child die instead of some others, awesome parenting there!
I wish none to die but least of all my own kin.

The reality is that in an Apocalyptic event a great proportion of the population will die one way or another
The only thing that will really matter is that you and/or yours are in the survivors group!
If you can get there the easy way good if not any way will do so long as you get there!
This thread is a hypothetical only, what one actually has to do to survive is unknown!

It seems that if you were the one with the meds for your child one would be able to come to an agreement where you share the meds to your childs detriment
and being the honourable person I am I would not just take them by force only by consent! ;D

Seems it would be better to be part of my family than yours maybe!

My family will be just fine ;). My cadre is upto the challenge.  And that will be part of a larger group, managed in such a way it remains cohesive in the long term not tear itself apart the moment it gives in to the faulty psychology of 'survivor maths'.   Yes.  I am a 'world builder'.  The world need us.  Without us you'd be toting a club not a gun.  And you may be again! :o ;D ;D ;D

As I said, each to their own.   ::)

'Just how dangerous is he?'
'Compared to what? ... The bubonic plague?' 
(No Country for Old Men)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Top Posters This Week