Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Alarm mine.
by Scout
[Today at 07:51:09 am]
Re: Medicinal Tee
by doomsdayprepper4570
[Today at 06:18:30 am]
by doomsdayprepper4570
[Today at 05:43:41 am]
by odzy
[Today at 05:33:02 am]
Re: Bullion as a prep?
by odzy
[Today at 05:31:02 am]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 1696
  • *Latest: Kelenrai

• *Total Posts: 41674
  • *Total Topics: 3768
  • *Online Today: 77
  • *Most Online: 406
(February 20, 2016, 05:05:09 am)
  • *Users: 2
  • *Guests: 44
  • *Total: 46

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: How much food is really in your house right now?  (Read 9086 times)

sea-dove

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
Re: How much food is really in your house right now?
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2017, 08:24:33 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In our case, and anyone who is farm/rural based, it doesn't matter if you prep or not, or hide the fact that you do, we would have family and friends turning up simply because it's the most logical place to go if you can't source food anywhere else. Head to the place it's produced!

nods yeah I agree, though surprising I've found there is a lot of preppers who dont believe that the city people would leave the cities but I do think lots of them have family or friends out in country areas so many will leave a city to head to what they think is safer.  They may be a lot of people in travel mode trying to get to places.

sea-dove

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
Re: How much food is really in your house right now?
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2017, 08:28:34 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Also wondering Sea Dove, in previous posts you have stated that you grew up on a farm...how do you not know any of this stuff? It's basics.
yeah I spend 7-8 years living on a farm.  I lived on a farm from ages of about 5 till I was about 12 or 13 years old and it was all hands on so though I was young, I did do a lot out on the farm even helped my father on the header with seeding, helped deliver stuck animals if my family wasnt at home if any of our animals run into problems, had to help cart hay bales etc. 

I was made to work very hard as a child, my father keep me working at times till very late into the night at certain times eg seeding time when I had school next day. it was actually quite an abusive situation.. child labour. I was the eldest of with my sisters a lot younger.

I think you've gone and assumed all the farms are like the ones out where
ever you are...as as I said in my other post, hardly no farms at all out my way had their own silos. Only three people we knew out there had their own silos.

I was well aware that crops are only once a year (well at least of the things we grew) hence why I said what I did.  My father never kept his seed from one year to the next after harvest as he used to switch each year what he planted. eg do barley one year and then lupins the next and then do oats or wheat.  So the only time my father had bags of seeds (which he kept in the hay shed) was right before planting or just when he harvested and was selling it.

Due to that, if SHTF on our farm, and all my relatives showed up from city.. the only food there would of been the animals and fruit trees (which of cause only have fruit on them for short time) and maybe one or two paddocks of crop of something which may of been nowhere near ready  (most of our land had animals, horse in one paddock, cows in 1 or 2 other paddocks, sheep in all the others including the big one with just the 1 or 2 small paddocks with a crop).

Many of farms would not be able to support their family members if they dont have things stored like we didnt.  Our animals (except our 12 chooks) were never fed grain and if they werent out in the pasture and needed supplementary food, they were given hay or lucene (we also grew lucene at times).. and of cause us humans cant eat hay (we just never kept the grains).  We had a huge hay shed and all our farmer neighbours had huge hay sheds too.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:51:54 pm by sea-dove »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Top Posters This Week