Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Time for a revolt
by Paddler
[Today at 07:13:32 am]
Re: The peace preached by the Koran
by hailesellasie
[June 23, 2017, 10:32:41 pm]
by Arkane
[June 23, 2017, 09:08:28 pm]
Re: How did you prepare today?
by sea-dove
[June 23, 2017, 08:24:16 pm]
by sea-dove
[June 23, 2017, 08:07:14 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 44135
  • *Total Topics: 4163
  • *Online Today: 63
  • *Most Online: 406
(February 20, 2016, 05:05:09 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 53
  • *Total: 54

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Author Topic: Home Remedies for Intestinal Worms  (Read 1663 times)

scrub_creature

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
  • just doin whatever it is that I do around here...
Home Remedies for Intestinal Worms
« on: February 12, 2015, 11:18:18 am »

Hey all there has been a bit of talk about worms in meat and fish on a few other topics so I thought I would start a dedicated thread.

This article has a few good treatments:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Got another method? Do share  :)
Just because it's in your head, doesn't mean it isn't real...
Weird's just normal when normal decides to start taking notice of things - Nobark Noonan

crazycatlady

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
    • Juniper Cottage - living simply
Re: Home Remedies for Intestinal Worms
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 08:01:54 am »

tks for that - I've copied the info and printed for my EMP file - the paperwork that I would rely on when the grid is kaput.  I think they are all very interesting.  I have some black walnut tincture which is good for worms in chooks and I wouldn't hesitate using it myself.  I read an old Persian folktale that described packing the bowel with rock salt and pumpkin seeds so if you try that one, please let me know how it goes.

We didn't mention wormwood?  And it grows so readily....probably worth looking up.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 04:20:25 pm by crazycatlady »

hailesellasie

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 08:37:27 pm »

I can vouch for the garlic....it works and it's also a natural antibiotic....no mozzies and also no one will bug you either...

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 07:33:26 am »

There electric zappers that apparently work for internal parasites!
Just google it I am sure there will be heaps on them.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

fairdinkumseeds

• FairDinkumSeeds
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 10:09:29 am »

Dose rates are pretty random when compared to the references they link to.
The amount of active ingredient in the suggested, is not the same as was proven effective in the studies, and at the high rates proven effective in the studies, some of those are not really safe for human consumption at those levels..
A≠B

Epazote is the only one you need IMO, and super easy to grow(weed in some places).

Dysphania ambrosioides~Chenopodium ambrosioides(botanists can't agree) is the number 1 natural, scientifically proven effective vermicide used on a massive scale even today, word wide.

Remember the old "Nucidol" dog wash for fleas and ticks, this stuff smells exactly the same as it basically is.
Edible in small amounts no issues at all except less wind, causes nausea if you eat a lot, no doubt kill you if you eat a bucket of it.

Eaten a huge big handful in the name of science with only a foul taste and a bit of dizzy nausea, as side effect.
Same as you get after a day of drenching sheep.(similar chemicals)
Small amounts used like you would basil on pasta, kill worms very effectively, and stops wind if you are eating heaps of beans.
In Mexico etc its a common culinary herb and it does really add some oumph to bean dishes.
Eaten fresh on its own its a very much acquired taste, that I have come to enjoy, eventually.

Safe(relatively) for worming cattle, sheep and goats too.
Hang a bunch in your dog house, or put a heap under the bed, before infestation of fleas, and you won't ever have one.
Once established then lime or DE is the go but as a preventative its pretty hard to beat.
Blend a big handful up into a thick green soup and apply to mange and it gets rid of it just as effectively as anything the vet has.

Huge market for chemically similar patented and approved veterinary chemicals based on this plant so use in most Western countries was crushed long ago. Mega bucks to protect.
Take a wild guess at what we sell...

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 12:23:54 pm »

I like Diatomaceous earth as its non toxic (just dont breath it as bad for lungs being abrasive)  great for so many different things eg getting rid of ants, killing headlice and for parasites. Make sure its food grade though if taking it by mouth.

I had a major ant issue (I think I used about 11 bottles of ant rid among other things) and couldnt get rid of the ants, diaomaceous earth fixed that issue for me after 2-3 years of trying everything else (I had I what I think is called super nests)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:26:21 pm by sea-dove »

ozspark

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 05:12:59 pm »

I've seen the recommendation of pumpkin seeds before. Just recently I had need of such a remedy so I went to the supermarket and got a $6 bag of raw green organic pumpkin seeds. I had them in the car and ate a handful each day going to and from work. From the first 24 hrs I had no further symptoms so for anatural remedy I'd suggest giving them a go. I tried coconut but it didn't seem to help. That said maybe different things work for different people. Thats my experience anyway

Top Posters This Week