Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 1816
  • *Latest: Tia

• *Total Posts: 45776
  • *Total Topics: 4259
  • *Online Today: 62
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 44
  • *Total: 45

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Author Topic: Silver based anti-bacterials and colloidal silver  (Read 1290 times)

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
Silver based anti-bacterials and colloidal silver
« on: February 02, 2016, 08:41:47 pm »

Just as an FYI.
I was doing a search for silver nitrate cotton buds for nose bleeds and such on evil bay.
If you do a search for silver nitrate swabs you will get hits for silver based anti-bacterial ointments and the like.
Myself I will getting a fair swag of this stuff in from India as it treats a large array of problems particularly if
there are no AB's available.
Also I have a colliodal silver generator for making silver water for ingestion and assistance against infections and such.
The ointments may be available here as I have not look at local chemist shops.
The generator I have comes from cairns FNQ.
I have not done any research in regard to adding colloidal silver the IV fluids as yet. But the reason this interests me is lack of IV AB's and oral AB's in times to come and having some means of combating bacterial infections. I know the topical silver ointments are great against some fungal infections that have no
other treatment and I would not wait 1 second to use silver oint on skin wounds etc.
Food for thought if anyone else is interested in homebrew AB's.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Scout

• VIP Forum Supporter
Re: Silver based anti-bacterials and colloidal silver
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:42:31 am »

Hey DP4570,

Have you done more with your silver based meds?
I remember my son in laws mother, the Crazy Witch Lady, talking about colloidal gold being a good thing.
Is it used in the same ways as silver for similar results?

Thanks

grenadier

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 09:13:30 pm »

We make silver water for healing wounds sore throats and as general immune builder. Also SHE brews the Kambucha. Both are as easy as.

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 02:47:18 am »

There was on ebola victim who survived who said it was due to the colloidal silver treatment he was having. He wasnt able to get other meds for it (that was during the big outbreak in Africa).

My old boss and his family swear colloidal silver works and they all use it.

rwa

• Jr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 04:02:56 am »

Anecdotal evidence suggests there is some merit in using colloidal silver as an anti bacterial and anti biotic. As for it being useful to treat ebola, who knows? Ebola is incredibly savage, an excellent book on the subject is "The Hot Zone by Richard Preston" but it was never really going to be a problem here, at least with our health system still operating. It is no fun for anyone who gets it but conditions and lifestyles in the West would always ensure ebola would have minimal impact - at least while the "system" was up and running.

Our danger, and also for the rest of the world, is a mutation of one of the virulent Bird Flu or other respiratory virus's that is as easily and quickly transmissible from human to human like a cold or flu. Then we are in serious trouble and the world as we know it will go to hell in a handbasket. If a bad strain of bird flu arrives you better have all your ducks in a row or you are up the proverbial.

graynomad

• Rob's website
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 12:43:12 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If a bad strain of bird flu arrives you better have all your ducks in a row or you are up the proverbial.

If we get a bird flu pandemic I don't want bloody ducks or any other type of bird around :)

I always figured that I would lock the gate and not come out until "it" had passed, but I don't know if that will work with all diseases, maybe when you come out it's still around and the only survivors are immune, so you are back to square one.
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

hailesellasie

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 05:18:21 am »

Hey guys,

DP thanks for that, I'd like to know a bit more about the colloidal silver water and how you make it.... I make Kombucha and I can give the "recipe" to all who want it.
thanks again..

grenadier

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 06:38:30 am »

Try this link for simple instructions.
99% pure silver wire is good.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 07:49:36 am »

During the plagues centuries ago it was mainly the richer people who survived.
Much credit was given to the usage of solid silver drinking and dining ware.
Colloidal silver ointments are the only known cures for several skin conditions even today.
I am unsure if the silvers have any effect on the great unspoken killers not often discussed during my nursing years. Viruses and bacteria are bad, but they are a runny nose compared to Prions!
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

hailesellasie

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 09:33:29 am »

Hey guys and thanks for the replies. My uncle was a pharmacist, and he used to make all sorts of things. As a teenager, I worked for him at his chemist's but since teenagers know everything, I never took note of the concoctions he used to make. Anyway, I will get that generator and silver wires.
Now for all who want to know about kombucha... I have 2 scobies, one was a gift and the other I bought from:
All you need is:

a glass jar 7-10lt capacity
a plastic sieve
a plastic funnel
a plastic stirring implement (a wooden spoon is fine)
Tea-bags (I use Dilmah)
Sugar
White vinegar (not the cheap no-name brand)
Proper water (no tap water)

Remember to use only plastic/wooden implements NO METAL!

Once you have the SCOBY:
Sanitize the glass jar with a bit of white vinegar (some people use baby bottle sanitizers), and put the scoby you bought with its tea in the big jar.

Boil a kettle of proper water and pour it in a glass bowl/pitcher.
For a 7-10lt jar mix 1 and 1/2 cups of raw sugar and 1 1/2 cups of white vinegar with the boiled water
Then place 8 teabags in the above mix and let the tea brew.

Once the brew is tepid, decant it into the big jar with the scoby. Do so slowly, do not upset the scoby! Also, top up with proper water as the kettle won't boils 7-10lt. Make sure that everything is mixed well. Don't go stir the tea once it is with the scoby.
Make sure all the implements are sanitized with vinegar (ladles/funnels/sieves).
Cover the jar with a cloth of size to suit and tie it with a rubber band. The kombucha needs to breathe.

I have mine on the kitchen counter. Do not place in direct sunlight. In colder climates, keep in a warm place.

Give the kombucha 2 weeks to ferment and do its bit and then decant using the sanitized sieve into bottles. I don't put mine in the fridge, although some people do so.

You can drink as much as you need (1-2glasses/day or as needed). The tea should also be fizzing a bit.

Just make sure that everything is clean and sanitized otherwise mold will form and you'll have to throw everything away.

As I mentioned I have 2 brews going 2 weeks apart, so I always have a batch to drink.

When you decant and/or make a new brew, remember not to drain the scoby. Leave 20% of the liquid in the jar with the scoby.

You can do without the vinegar, but it is there for a reason. On successive brews, you can use 1cup instead of 1 1/2 as you'd have some left in the jar with the scoby.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 09:02:49 am »

I made that tea for a few years and found it had a tendency to clean me out from the top end to the bottom end.
People were so lazy they would pay me to make it for them.

Top Posters This Week