Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 50478
  • *Total Topics: 4472
  • *Online Today: 88
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 61
  • *Total: 61
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: On Friday, September 30th... a new kind of "world money" goes live  (Read 6407 times)

Gippsland-Prepper

• Symbolic moderator.
  • Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Semper paratus.
On Friday, September 30th... a new kind of "world money" goes live
« on: September 28, 2016, 04:55:47 pm »

I am not sure (I have been away) but I think some one would have posted on this, if not, if this go ahead it is well and truly going to bring the US down on its knees, the bubble is going to burst soon. Not sure about it all coming down money wise, but like I have predicted 20115/16 is well and truly the time period for the wheels to come off, how long before it will all fall into a heap, time will tell, but we are getting closer!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

G- F-CK Y--RS-LF

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY A VOWEL? BAA BAA!

Token

• VIP Forum Supporter
Re: On Friday, September 30th... a new kind of "world money" goes live
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 08:46:30 pm »

Hmmm, whilst i dont doubt that kind of stuff is coming eventually, im not sure i ascribe to the dates they give.

Interesting read although the book sale link, not sure about that.
Prepping now and prepped for eternity.

Gippsland-Prepper

• Symbolic moderator.
  • Semper paratus.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 08:52:18 pm »

Hmmm, whilst i dont doubt that kind of stuff is coming eventually, im not sure i ascribe to the dates they give.

Ignore the date, ignore the book link, but the fact of a new world currency coming in and destroying the US dollar stands as a fact!
G- F-CK Y--RS-LF

Token

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 08:59:57 pm »

Ignore the date, ignore the book link, but the fact of a new world currency coming in and destroying the US dollar stands as a fact!

Yes mate, i agree with that for sure, and whatever it is, its cashless!
Prepping now and prepped for eternity.

Justin Case

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 10:32:43 pm »

Yup  >:( :( 8)

Although, I do wonder how the bribes will paid, and the pollies bought off without some form of ( under the radar ) cash substitute being implemented.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 10:35:25 pm by Justin Case »

Azzaaa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 02:43:43 pm »

There is only one way you will get the US to sit down and renegotiate the worlds monetary system. That is for the US dollar to strengthen to new all time highs. The US dollar strengthening will do far more damage to the US and the worlds economy that it weakening. A weak US dollar means the US exports and tourism flourish helping the US economy. The yanks would love the US dollar to fall. A rise in the US dollar brings recession and deflation forcing the US to renegotiate the world's reserve currency.

doomsdayprepper4570

• Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 06:56:43 pm »

With the 1000's of  tonnes of gold china has been buying over the last few years and what it has also been mining
you can bet they will be pushing for changes in regard to the yuan as well.
It will be one of the few currencies in the world backed by substantial bullion.
I do not think i will see electronic currency as the norm and a cashless society in my lifetime!
You can bet a lot of control freaks will be pushing for it.
But really the poorer countries such as phillipines, vietnam and so on would not be part of it as most people
live from hand to mouth most of the time.
An economic collaspe will have not effect on these people whatsoever!
In a nutshell, they could not give a shit as long as there is food to be eaten and shelter from the weather.
Much of the technology still used is pre-electricity and uses water buffalo and wooden ploughs.
Thatched rooves and bamboo walls.
No tax earned and none paid.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Brad

• previously posted as Surviveordie
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 08:36:44 pm »

With the 1000's of  tonnes of gold china has been buying over the last few years and what it has also been mining
you can bet they will be pushing for changes in regard to the yuan as well.
It will be one of the few currencies in the world backed by substantial bullion.
I do not think i will see electronic currency as the norm and a cashless society in my lifetime!
You can bet a lot of control freaks will be pushing for it.
But really the poorer countries such as phillipines, vietnam and so on would not be part of it as most people
live from hand to mouth most of the time.
An economic collaspe will have not effect on these people whatsoever!
In a nutshell, they could not give a shit as long as there is food to be eaten and shelter from the weather.
Much of the technology still used is pre-electricity and uses water buffalo and wooden ploughs.
Thatched rooves and bamboo walls.
No tax earned and none paid.

I think you would be surprised doomsdayprepper4570. The Philippines wouldn't do as good as you imagine. The older generation would be fine however the younger generation that has grown up with the "Call Centre" life have no idea on how to survive. There are still a lot of people in the Philippines that would do just fine however they will be subject to the same issues as everyone else in the world. Lazy, stupid, selfish people that have no idea on how to survive or look after themselves.

If you go to the Philippines now you will notice a head of teenagers to 20 somethings walking around the streets, not watching where they are going playing pokemon go on the way to work at the call centre. Filipinos are very nice people and very family oriented, but as the years go on more and more are getting used to the "I want it now" mentality, and those are the people that will cause an issue come SHTF.

Large cities with a large population, lots of islands to hop to if you wanted to raid and escape. Honestly, the Philippines would be a very dangerous place to live in come SHTF.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:11:44 pm by Brad »
previously posted as Surviveordie

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 08:54:47 pm »

So I should sell our house and send my wife back to Negros oriental? :o ::)
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Gippsland-Prepper

• Symbolic moderator.
  • Semper paratus.
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 09:03:34 pm »

No matter what country, if the world economy goes south it will have an impact worldwide. I agree poor countries where people have nothing more to lose and are used to living of not much already have the upperhand, but any order/law that keeps these poor countries in check will see a huge impact as they all have some form of police force or army or even dictator keeping things turning over. Many of these 3rd world nations also get millions of aid from the UN and other rich country organizations, world economy goes south and I am sure that aid will stop.

But poor people do have that edge when SHTF, how that will work out here remains to be seen, but disregardless there will be lots of very desperate hungry people when the world economy collapses.
G- F-CK Y--RS-LF

Brad

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 09:09:09 pm »

So I should sell our house and send my wife back to Negros oriental? :o ::)

LOL, that would probably be safer than living in Brisbane. I wouldn't mind visiting Negros.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »

Agreed GP and we should not asume that people have not been to countries they talk about or have not lived there
or have no idea of the poverty that many of my wife's family have to endure.
But the sad fact is I can not help everyone and I know that all things being equal they will survive
when compared to the iphone zombies of here and america!
What happens in Manila, cebu and other cities is unknown as they are over 5000 islands in the group that makes up the phillipines.

Gippsland-Prepper

• Symbolic moderator.
  • Semper paratus.
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 09:17:44 pm »

Agreed GP and we should not asume that people have not been to countries they talk about or have not lived there
or have no idea of the poverty that many of my wife's family have to endure.
But the sad fact is I can not help everyone and I know that all things being equal they will survive
when compared to the iphone zombies of here and america!
What happens in Manila, cebu and other cities is unknown as they are over 5000 islands in the group that makes up the phillipines.

Its simple, take away the gate keepers and things will get ugly real fast. Same for us here in Australia, people that have more to loss will do some terrible things to others to keep what they have, even if it is made of plastic if you know what I mean. Disregardless, any sign that the wheel are about to come off and I am going bush. But we have some more time left, although things can and will go south really fast this time around.
G- F-CK Y--RS-LF

Brad

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 09:40:51 pm »

The islands are what I believe will make the Philippines dangerous. A lot easier to get away when you are island hopping.

I believe the Philippines will have bigger issues than places like Australia. Australia has lost it's way, and I hate to say it but the community mentality has pretty much faded away in Australia. Philippines on the other hand it is still there however when you have a larger population in an island group smaller than just one state of Australia even the "Community/Family" mind set can become an issue.

Australia has a lot of open land that most would be too lazy to venture too. The Philippines as a large cluster of islands that bad people can use to their advantage. Driving in Cebu right now is a nightmare, imagine when SHTF. Forget driving, forget trying to get to your BOL, you would need to know in advanced when something is going to happen.

Doesn't really matter what country you are in, when SHTF, Plan A, B and C will be needed and you may still have to start thinking of more backup plans.

Yes there is poverty in the Philippines and know one but you and your family would know what your wife's family has to go through. Everyone has a different situation, you can't help everyone. There comes a point where you need to draw a line and think about what you can do now and in such an event. No one wants the shit to hit the fan however you have to plan for even the smallest things.

But again in the Philippines, when you are running on "island time", it can take a little longer to get what you need. (Jokes).

Azzaaa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 05:25:53 pm »

Not sure why your talking about the Philippines. GP was pointing towards the links about the US dollar and SDR's replacing it. SDR is a basket of currencies and cannot replace the US dollar certainly not within any country for day to day transactions. It can only replace it as the world's reserve within the global banking industry and that would have to be negotiated in an international agreement. That's not going to happen until the US dollar strengthens to the point that it is hurting the US and they need to reduce the demand for the US dollar.
Pages: [1] 2

Top Posters This Week