Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Swap and Go lpg
by odzy
[Today at 05:32:06 am]
Re: Financial armageddon
by Hoopy
[Today at 12:32:16 am]
Re: Final exit .
by Hoopy
[August 15, 2018, 11:49:17 pm]
by rwa
[August 15, 2018, 10:26:23 pm]
by Hoopy
[August 15, 2018, 09:49:50 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 1980
  • *Latest: Wanderer

• *Total Posts: 49797
  • *Total Topics: 4427
  • *Online Today: 79
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 68
  • *Total: 69

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Who do you invite to share your doomstead!  (Read 5027 times)

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
Re: Who do you invite to share your doomstead!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 02:23:30 pm »

I think of it like being a prey animal. Prey animals even when sick and disabled, some freeze when under threat to try to remain invisible and to try not to draw attention to themselves.  Most prey animals will hide that they are sick as part of their defence eg with wallabys if you see one is sick, it usually means its extremely sick and often close to death if you see sickness behaviour coming from one, its in their instincts to hide it.

if I got noticed and approached. I'd invite the other to a meal with me to hide how unwell I are (unless I thought it was in my advantage to let it be known). As I can be on my feet for extremely little time periods (minutes), I'd hide that Im a wheelchair user.. getting up for very brief periods to check the meal or whatever, and just sitting most of the time talking to them,  appearing like any other person,  they wouldnt even realise I was sick and extremely vulnerable. I can make up excuses to not go places with another etc to hide my issues.  I have a disability which can be hidden and cant be seen unless Im using the wheelchair or if someone saw me collapsed.

the inviting a person who has noticed your presence and approached to dinner, would be to cause the illusion of having far less then I have and to make them think Im no threat to them as Im friendly (a person preceived to be a threat to another or their family may be killed for their own defence).  I'd make up a small terrible tasting meal of hardly eatable stuff, not likable stuff and make them think that was what I was living on and how I was getting by. 

Last thing u need if living in a city still would be others thinking you have good stuff at your house or just having others dreaming you may have good stuff there poses a danger so its best to act friendly but unable to be of much help to them so they go on their ways and seek out another target if they arent all that friendly.  Make your presence fairly meaningless to them (easy to do as people would worry less about just one female living in same area then a loner well built muscley guy who is not part of your group who u could wonder if later could still become a threat).

I'll even offer to help them help themselves by offering them some seeds from whatever Im eating and telling them how they could grow a few things.  If they are open to trade I'd trade the seeds, if not I'd give them some as its best to if possible to help others grow things they can eat.

If they appear very friendly and I came to think maybe they were ones I may be able to trust.I could offer them some fishing hooks and a bit of fishing line telling them I got it in a trade "ah I just remembered I have this, maybe we can make a deal if you could use this and want it?".....  and see if they would like to use it for fishing in return of bringing me a percentage of the fish to trade to others (my excuse of why I dont have fish in my house to give them to eat could be a lie about me not liking fish.. allergic to fish?.  I want to keep the other believing Im eating crap stuff)

of cause if my judgement of the other was proved to be correct and the other went and brought me some of the fish they caught with the gear, of cause I wouldnt then trade any of the fish they brought me with others but would later eat them myself. This is an excellent test to see who I can trust and who I can.  Many if hungry would just take it and not come back with the fish.

Finding out who in your area can be trusted and who cant be would be very important if not essential as you'd then know who you can turn to for other things.  (actually I should majorly stock up on fishing line, hooks and sinkers though I probably wont use myself and bury them in locations around the yard so to end up being in completely obviously undisturbed places once a patch of grass has grown completely back over them. I may be in a city but if things turn bad, noone is going to try to dig under a thick patch of established lawn which has obviously been there for for a long time looking for hidden things).

The beach is 5-10mins walk from my house so trading some hooks and fishing line would be much appreciated. (i couldnt get to the beach myself unless I had a gofer or electric wheelchair which of cause would then make others aware of my presence and my vulnerabilites show so I  just wouldnt do that.

There is also the aspect of many people in the city too if they start to starve may be drawn to head to the coast so there could many strangers coming into my area so definately dont want to be out and about out there on the streets heading anywhere.

A lie about occassionaly getting given things by others in trades eg the hooks etc would also have an added advantage of it also make the other think I had possibly others watching over me then I actually did and if the are thinking well they will also then consider that people may not be happy with u if you kill or hurt one of their trading partners.  It may also cause the other to believe you may prove to be useful to them in the future.. you can offer to look out for things they want whenever you have someone trading with u. 

other: I'm after some batteries, have you got any spare?
me: no sorry but I can ask about for you when I next see someone if they have any to trade.  (hopefully my lie will carry the ring of truth to it as I actually will not have batteries so the no sorry would be genunie, in SHTF Im going back to the old ways so I havent stocked on anything like batteries)

you've suddenly lead the other to believe that you maybe potentionaly useful to them. Doubtful they will harm someone who they think may be helpful to them.

In SHTF, I will be trying to make friends with anyone who discovers my presence.  I'll do everything I can though to keep my presence hidden as long as I can.  If discovered, I'd then use not strength but deception to try to keep myself safe.  How others think and feel about u, can be a life and death thing.  The key to city survival will be being prepared and acting smartly.

Have others here got plans on how to test out those who are trustworthy and those who arent during a disaster time?  If u havent got some plan in place to do this, u should put some plan into place.  At some point u will be wanting to interact with others again.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:32:37 pm by sea-dove »

OzHippy

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2017, 05:52:50 pm »

Creating a large group of +100 persons is the way to survive and thrive.  Join a church group or some other group and when things to bad inspire them to all keep together and work together. 

If you watch Bear Grylls island seasons the guys that work together even in a large groups of inexperience person do much better.  Cooperative hunting, fishing gardening is much more effective.  Civilisation had people have always done better in big groups.
We live in interesting times!!

sea-dove

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017, 08:13:45 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Creating a large group of +100 persons is the way to survive and thrive.  Join a church group or some other group and when things to bad inspire them to all keep together and work together. 

If you watch Bear Grylls island seasons the guys that work together even in a large groups of inexperience person do much better.  Cooperative hunting, fishing gardening is much more effective.  Civilisation had people have always done better in big groups.

Nods, the bigger the group, the more naturally talented people in certain things will be in it.

Being housebound, I dont get to go to any groups any more  (I dont get any care support for outings other then the two people to take me shopping). I did have the Johoaba's witnesses visit me about 5 times (religious debating can be interesting) but I had to cut them off too as they were tending to stay too long and I was getting drained from it and then one also came wearing some perfume and nearly put me into hospital due to that .. that was after they'd promised me that they wouldnt wear any chemicals when visiting me but she had forgot.  (I cant be around anyone wearing deodourants and chemicals very long some not at all).

I'll be so happy in a SHTF that people wont have all their deoderants any more they wear now.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 08:17:41 pm by sea-dove »

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2017, 05:08:15 am »

LOL all you will smell then is sweat and dirty arses, now imagine that smell  :-\

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2017, 07:33:15 pm »

Arkane is a bait and lure man! :o ;) ;D
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2017, 07:50:18 pm »

Arkane is a bait and lure man! :o ;) ;D

Sometimes! but mostly I go with whatever works!
I have given up on groups pre SHTF ! way too much bitching from both genders
I may consider forming a group post SHTF from suitably modified people!

So many people have their set morals and attitudes now and refuse to even consider changing come the Apocalypse
It is amazing how much humble pie the above will consume when things do not go to plan!
Any I invite to my doomstead/group will have spent time in the wilderness contemplating their lot being cold, hungry and thirsty! and how much humble pie they are prepared to swallow for food water and shelter!

There wont be many troublemakers in amongst them! ;D

There would be a place for even sea-dove but no special concessions!
Any who get short term useless will be cared for until back on deck
anyone who becomes permanently useless will be taken care of! ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:55:16 pm by Arkane »

Gippsland-Prepper

• Symbolic moderator.
  • Semper paratus.
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2017, 09:22:13 pm »

We are all different regarding this subject, but I have proven it to myself again and again, hang around with shite and you will smell like it, hang around with fools and your IQ in time will drop, SHTF and surround yourself with the weak and yeah I think you get the point. SHTF and it comes down to the bare facts of nature, survival of the strong and prepared are those that will rule and do well, the old frail and weak and feeble will be thinned out really fast, it's the law of nature, and push comes to shove humans are way better at being cruel or cold hearted as compared to the animal kingdom. Would I take in some one that has not prepared in any way? Nope, when SHTF and I am in the bush would I make a spot for some one next to my fire thats in need of warmth and a feed? Nope. The minute you lower your guard is the time you will start your own demise. Stick to people you know now and trust, anyone post SHTF is seen in my eyes as an enemy and a drain on my supplies and safety. I would be open to some one that would pull their weight as in hunting/security matters but even then how could you trust that stranger would not stick you with a knife when you turn your back, and any one that says, I will chop the wood and wash the dishes are nothing more than a burden at best. But I am sure there are some members on here that see it a different way, but then again they are probably those that would not last too long by themselves post SHTF, best of luck, but don't come near my bug out spot as I will probably BBQ your ass hehe.
G- F-CK Y--RS-LF

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY A VOWEL? BAA BAA!

sea-dove

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 03:50:23 pm »

LOL all you will smell then is sweat and dirty arses, now imagine that smell  :-\
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  this would keep away rapists

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 05:11:00 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  this would keep away rapists

Nah they will smell just the same if not worse!

OzHippy

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2017, 06:29:42 pm »

A link to the posting I did on the card game conflicted.  A good way to determine if a persons has the right mindset for your group.

We live in interesting times!!

doomsdayprepper4570

• Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2017, 09:25:54 am »

Even if they do not fit in they may be tasty! :o ;D ;D ;D
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Top Posters This Week