Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 50478
  • *Total Topics: 4472
  • *Online Today: 88
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 61
  • *Total: 61
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Imminent financial collapse  (Read 8739 times)

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
Re: Imminent financial collapse
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 06:55:08 am »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So what to do?

Investments in stocks & bonds will be smashed.
Accumulation Super will be smashed.
My Super is tied up in a Defined Benefit Scheme - l have to retire to get at it & l am 3 years off minimum age to do that.
Thinking of my parents - Will purchased Retirement Annuities hold up?

Is there any benefit in borrowing money to buy PM now in the hope of selling the PM to pay out the debt when the Mega GFC hits?
No way l can clear the mortgage in the next 3 months, given 3 years l probably will have it off my back.

Better get some more rice & beans put away...

Mate, pull your super out NOW!  Take the whole lot out and park it in GOLD.  Speak to your accountant and he will guide you through the process of Self Managed Super ;)

OzHippy

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2017, 04:45:18 pm »

And yet among all that news the DOW still managed to go up last night   >:(
I'm sick at the interference they do to prop it up...

It is being propped up so the institutions in the know can sell of to the institutions and mom and pops not in the know

As it is who is holding when it falls that loose!, moms and pops investers rarely have the funds to finance a major attempt at getting some back!

Yip it is the PPT.  Most companies on the DOW and S&P are doing badly - most of the money is going into the top 5 to 10 companies, which is in itself a sign of big bubble. Just before closing they notice that unknown buyers take up struggling stocks like CAT,  that have gone into a major slump since the mining recession.  It is the US gov PPT (Plunge Protection Team) manipulating things.  But one is not allowed to talk about it on mainstream media.

Legendary Investor Asher Edelman Says "I Have No Doubt" PPT Behind Market Rally

Legendary vulture investor Asher Edelman, the 1980s model for Gordon Gekko, strayed into what must’ve been uncomfortable territory for CNBC during an appearance on "Smart Money" when he discussed his view that the government’s "plunge protection team" is the only thing propping up the current market rally, and said he suspects that it has again been recently een intervening in the market to keep stocks at record highs.
Edelman simply notes that he doesn’t want to be in the markets right now because “I don’t know when the plug is going to be pulled."
Few can explain the market's recent resilience, holding near record highs despite weak economic data and intensifying geopolitical tensions. The main benchmarks have risen for the fourth straight day following last week’s “Trump Dump" despite a terror attack in the U.K., the worst soft economic data since February 2016, and surprisingly low trading volume.

We live in interesting times!!

OzHippy

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2017, 04:51:50 pm »

China made the mainstream media today as they were given a rating downgrade due to debt.  When the rating came out it knocked 0.5% off ASX shares and AUD dropped by 0.5 to the USD.

Yuan Tumbles As Moody's Downgrades China To A1, Warns On Worsening Debt Outlook

Chinese bank borrowing rates are going above corporate debt rates.  Inter bank lending is tightening that is what lead to the 2008 great recession. 
"This Is Probably Just The Beginning" - Chinese Banks Are In Big Trouble

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2017, 05:29:50 pm »

We are getting closer and closer to that final BOOM   :-X

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2017, 06:13:34 am »

There is probably a strong/large leak already!
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

OzHippy

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2017, 07:35:59 pm »

Another financial manager/hedge fund guru, claiming imminent collapse - this time focus on Aus housing bubble.
Even made main stream media Sydney Morning Herald.

"Let me tell you I've never been more certain of anything in my life," Parker said. "I am absolutely certain we are in a bubble in this property market. Mortgage fraud is endemic, it's systemic, it's just terrible what's going on. When you've got 30-year-olds, who have never seen a property downturn before, borrowing up to 80 per cent to buy three and four apartments, it's a bubble."

"This Market Is Crazy": Hedge Fund Returns Hundreds Of Millions To Clients Citing Imminent "Calamity"

Azzaaa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2017, 10:25:27 pm »

You blokes are amazing. You are pointing your fingers in every direction. You have absolutely no idea where the next crisis is coming from. So you point at everything in the hope that one of them will be the epicenter. You sound like broken clocks.

Pigdog

• Jr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2017, 01:48:35 am »

I don't really know anything about stocks, shares or the stock market, but I was reading an article today about Altair Asset Management.
I'll be honest I have no idea who they are, but the article I was reading said That they are completely selling out of the stock market and returning millions to investors as they believe share and property prices will soon collapse.
In the same article a property market analyst stated that the only upside for the Australian economy at the moment was enthusiasm and sentiment.
Take from it what you will. As said I have no idea.

crazycatlady

• Juniper Cottage - living simply
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2017, 08:23:00 am »

It's like I tell hubby - you can think you know stuff, you can imagine stuff, you can discern information or imply results.  BUT
its what you decide to do that really counts.  Pick a scenario (stock market bubble eg) and then frame your course of action and put your money where your mouth is.

The good thing about staying plugged into the doom chatter is that it focusses your mind on your desired course of action.  The good thing about a deadline (eg 12/12/12) is that it gives you a sense of urgency to complete your desired course of action.

If nothing happens, you haven't lost anything if you have achieved what you planned to do.  And every scenario gives you a new view of where you should stand.

As far as I'm concerned, I should stand somewhere far out into the desert country but my wise words are ignored by hubby.......but the basic advice is still sound.

Blackheart1916

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2017, 08:32:38 am »

You blokes are amazing. You are pointing your fingers in every direction. You have absolutely no idea where the next crisis is coming from. So you point at everything in the hope that one of them will be the epicenter. You sound like broken clocks.
Great fun isn't it!!

Blackheart1916

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2017, 08:35:51 am »

It's like I tell hubby - you can think you know stuff, you can imagine stuff, you can discern information or imply results.  BUT
its what you decide to do that really counts.  Pick a scenario (stock market bubble eg) and then frame your course of action and put your money where your mouth is.

The good thing about staying plugged into the doom chatter is that it focusses your mind on your desired course of action.  The good thing about a deadline (eg 12/12/12) is that it gives you a sense of urgency to complete your desired course of action.

If nothing happens, you haven't lost anything if you have achieved what you planned to do.  And every scenario gives you a new view of where you should stand.

As far as I'm concerned, I should stand somewhere far out into the desert country but my wise words are ignored by hubby.......but the basic advice is still sound.
Hi CCL, I have never looked at it that way before but I like what you are saying, having a target in mind to work to. I have been cruising along gathering things and making plans when convenient, I might try your method to kick things along quicker, and as you say., whether anything happens or not on the target date, the preps are where you want them Cheers!!

OzHippy

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2017, 12:24:25 pm »

Great fun isn't it!!
This time around it is multiple bubbles and multiple issues as well as geopolitical issues.
The article sites an analysis that has been in the market for almost 5 decades - yet you say he totally has no idea.... and completely ignore is opinion, only you are right and as always only you are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Hehhee even a broken clock is right twice a day, and in the story of the boy who cried wolf the wolf eventually comes and devours the sheep.

OzHippy

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2017, 05:26:30 pm »

One is even giving 12 October 2017 as a date.  Any one of the vary many issues and bubbles can be the fire that sets of the collapse.
How many warnings do are need from well respected financial managers that have been in the markets for many many decades.

If everything is going to be “just fine”, why are so many big names in the financial community warning about an imminent meltdown?  I don’t think that I have seen so many simultaneous warnings about a market crash since just before the great financial crisis of 2008.

5 Highly Respected Financial Experts That Are Warning That A Market Crash Is Imminent

Paul Singer Warns "All Hell Will Break Loose"

Lance Roberts: This Market Is Like A Tanker Of Gasoline

So, the only thing that’s been missing up to this moment right now is the herding of individuals into a specific type of investment. But just like with real estate in the past, we have now people herding into ETFs. And now, with all these computers basically acting on the same set of information pushing stocks in the same direction because they’re all working off the same set of information, the market is like a tanker of gasoline. And somebody’s going to put a lit stick a dynamite into it because when this all reverses, you have these passive indexers become panic sellers. And then that beings to immediately trigger a reversal in the algorithms, which all feed on themselves in a negative direction. And the gap that opens up between the bid and sell prices will be staggering.

Azzaaa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2017, 11:13:42 pm »

I really wish that when you chicken littles say the markets are going to crash you would come out and say which markets. In 2008 the stockmarket crashed but the bond market soared. Which damn market are you talking about? You seem to be saying all markets which appears that you are covering all markets so that you can say see told you so. Very vague and in specific.

Pigdog

• Jr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2017, 03:45:33 pm »

Not really sure about the stock markets, bonds etc.
But I'm guessing the property market going down will hurt a lot of ppl.
You only have to look at the over inflated and ridiculous home prices of Sydney,with interest rates at record lows,Not only have Lots of ppl have over borrowed to begin with, but then added the nice new car/boat or whatever to their mortageses,all for the show or for the sake of keeping up with the joneses.
Combine this with massive credit card debts and ppl are in debt up to their eyeballs.
Now remember interest rates are at record lows, what happens to these ppl when interest rates do start to climb and they would only have to climb a couple of % and a lot of ppl will be in major trouble.
Sooner or later something has to give and when it does there will be an avalanche of defaults and repossessions.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Top Posters This Week