Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 1816
  • *Latest: Tia

• *Total Posts: 45776
  • *Total Topics: 4259
  • *Online Today: 38
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 2
  • *Guests: 26
  • *Total: 28

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Author Topic: North Korea  (Read 829 times)

hailesellasie

• VIP Forum Supporter
North Korea
« on: August 11, 2017, 10:40:45 am »

Hey all...Well...here we are once again with North Korea wanting to lob missiles all over. Or is it that Trump needs a war as every other US president? Some say this is just another false flag. Obviously one cannot believe the lame stream media.

All the allied nations have vowed to stand with the US should the need arise, China has said that if the US attacks and/or retaliates, they will stop the US. So, if all this is true, we are faced with annihilation. China will invade us (which is going to be a walk in the park), and the US. I really don't think we can stand against China let alone win a war against them.

Mirage

• Full Member - Trade Approved
Re: North Korea
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:13:19 pm »

:o Crikey ... that's some fairly negative sentiment.  ;D ;D ;D

Come on fella ...  Chin up!  ;D ;D ;D ;

Germany and Japan still exist as nation states ... and they are two countries that have been previously annihilated.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:57:36 pm by Mirage »
'Just how dangerous is he?'
'Compared to what? ... The bubonic plague?' 
(No Country for Old Men)

hailesellasie

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 02:29:05 am »

;D ;D ;D I'm good, just stating some facts...However, during WWII only 2 nuclear weapons were used in anger..nowadays everyone has them and they are in the wrong hands (NOKO and Iran)...Interesting times!

Mirage

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 07:05:49 am »

;D ;D Time to break out the rum yet?

As long as the Bundaberg distillery stands ... and farm/station boys/girls to drink it ... there remains hope.  ;D ;D

I actually dusted off my 1982 nuclear war survival guide today!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(No Country for Old Men)

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 07:27:14 am »

Glad I stocked up on masks, filters, boots, suits, gloves, etc  because now if you look at most shops they are dry...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Gympiegoat

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 07:50:35 am »

Mirage. Is that Survival by Lex Lannoy & Peter C. Nicholls? My copy is falling apart.

I doubt anything will happen. NK said it was gunna fire towards Guam ie the sea in between them , not at Guam. Be a laugh if one went off course & hit a Chinese artificial island.

hailesellasie

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 09:10:09 am »

Mirage. Is that Survival by Lex Lannoy & Peter C. Nicholls? My copy is falling apart.

I doubt anything will happen. NK said it was gunna fire towards Guam ie the sea in between them , not at Guam. Be a laugh if one went off course & hit a Chinese artificial island.

Yeah...distinct possibility as they are not renown for their accuracy...Imagine the chaos then....oops....
Well, they had a near miss with an airliner at the last launch..so yep..who knows...To be honest, it is all rhetoric at this stage, but launching anything towards a US territory/asset, even it it falls short, it's not conducive to make friends really.. I'm itching to see when and if "sexy haircut" really launches them... ;D ;D

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 09:12:11 am »

Glad I stocked up on masks, filters, boots, suits, gloves, etc  because now if you look at most shops they are dry...

Waste of money in the case of nuclear fallout!
Australia is not worth nuking!
and on the off-chance we do get one or two the best option will be to relocate as any fallout will be very localised and in most probability will fall to the east of the detonation and that will in most probability be out to sea!
Nothing like the USA where moving from one fallout zone will just mean you enter another!

Chemical/Biological they may come in handy but the chances are very slim! very slim indeed!

hailesellasie

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 09:17:28 am »

Thank goodness for the wind hey? Been having some strong ones here in WA lately...Had to anchor the grandson to the bull bar.
Jokes aside, there wouldn't be much here that they could be interested in besides being US allies and thus they'd retaliate accordingly...

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 11:55:23 am »

Thank goodness for the wind hey? Been having some strong ones here in WA lately...Had to anchor the grandson to the bull bar.
Jokes aside, there wouldn't be much here that they could be interested in besides being US allies and thus they'd retaliate accordingly...

Yes but no nation has an endless supply of nukes or missiles to throw them!

But like a six shooter, six rounds but 100 targets! the need to prioritise rears its head! and with that one should start at the top and work your way down until all except a strategic reserve is left! maybe at page two then but Aus is down around page six so unless we do something really stupid like getting our own nukes and being promoted to page one then we are not worth nuking
The above is not withstanding that Texas Arcane himself in his own eyes thinks he is worth a nuke, but as he has moved to Tasmania mainland Aus is fairly safe from nukes!

As it currently stands Aus is safe from North Korea and China bombing or invading!
Aus biggest current risk is Islamic Jihad from the north! but even that is a non event currently!

graynomad

• Global Mod & VIPĀ Forum Supporter
    • Rob's website
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 09:10:44 pm »

;D ;D Time to break out the rum yet?

As long as the Bundaberg distillery stands ...

I hope they don't nuke that, I don't live that far away :)
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

Mirage

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 02:04:58 am »

The one I have is by Ivan Tyrrell.  The first part of the book is an interesting comparison of the state of 'civil defence' in different countries (as it was in 1982).  Turns out that US propaganda upto that point (and probably persisting to this day) supporting their Mutual Assured Destruction doctrine pretty much back-fired.  In 1982 civil defence against nuclear attack was pitiful in US and UK as the majority of public in those countries believed the 'official line' that an all out nuclear war was simply unsurvivable.  The leadership believed promoting this opinion was the key to deterrence and expected the commies to believe it.   USSR and China (and many other countries) believed no such thing and developed extensive civil defence programs and infrastructure based on hard data and testing.  According to Tyrrell large proportions of prepared countries populations would likely survive all out nuclear war.

He points out some interesting things about events within the blast zone in Hiroshima (12.5KT)  ... such as after 24 hours all bridges were open to traffic, after 48 hours trains were running, within 9 days telephones were operating.  Extensive medical studies showed no increase in cancers in 109 000 survivors and no increase in birth defects in women who conceived after the event.

The rest of the publication is key facts about nuclear weapons and radiation and a 'how to' guide for shelter construction and post attack living.

(No Country for Old Men)

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 01:26:04 am »

If Gadaffi would have had atomic bombs he will still be alive today, Kim Jon Un is lucky and able to make the US think twice before invading

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 01:27:02 am »

Or Sadam in Iraq  ;)

Top Posters This Week