Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Another new build
by Paddler
[November 17, 2018, 07:15:08 pm]
Re: How did you prepare today?
by Paddler
[November 17, 2018, 07:08:50 pm]
Re: Climate change
by Arkane
[November 15, 2018, 10:21:18 pm]
by odzy
[November 15, 2018, 07:53:53 am]
by grenadier
[November 14, 2018, 09:20:05 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 2030
  • *Latest: Nugget

• *Total Posts: 50332
  • *Total Topics: 4459
  • *Online Today: 118
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 62
  • *Total: 62
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Why I think archery is an important skill  (Read 8999 times)

Mirage

• Full Member - Trade Approved
Re: Why I think archery is an important skill
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2017, 05:32:54 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bio fermenter is strictly for alcohol production mate.
Rob, you need to buy a rather large metal detector!
Pigs and their ground penetrating radar horse shit did not find it.
Did not have the heart to tell them they were looking 60kms LOS away and clueless.
Ohh, then there was the shit about the aerial photos being able to find disturbed soil
profiles from the air! As we had had D9 dozers in with bladeploughs I wished them luck with that
technology as well. 1750 acres of disturbed ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lmao what a mob of wankers.
All ill-informed, ill-educated, low intelligence school yard bullies.
I have been exposed to them all over the years and can care less.
We hurt no-one, but we will not be bullied any more!

Wow, their Aerial imagery must be shitty.  Or their interpreters are.
I've got imagery of paddocks where you can see exactly where poly pipe has been laid across them.  Also deep-ripped paddocks where the aerial view looks like tiger stripes. Each rip line clearly visible.   Although ... that's only when the ground has a cereal crop growing on it. 
'Just how dangerous is he?'
'Compared to what? ... The bubonic plague?' 
(No Country for Old Men)

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2017, 07:29:56 am »

Errrr, the point was that what they were told was here was not actually here! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

grenadier

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2017, 07:43:03 am »

Some people never twig. ;D

graynomad

• Rob's website
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2017, 08:00:55 am »

Did not have the heart to tell them they were looking 60kms LOS away and clueless.

OK, no problems, I prescribe a circle centered on your place and 60k in radius, then just walk that circle with my detector.

Simples...unless it's really 61k, or 59 or ... :)
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2017, 08:02:35 am »

Guesstimate distance as it is different when you drive it. ;D
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Mirage

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2017, 08:13:45 am »

Errrr, the point was that what they were told was here was not actually here! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Indeed.  In order to play ball one first has to be in the ball park.  And it needs to be the ball park where a game is in progress. 
(No Country for Old Men)

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2017, 07:18:22 am »

Yeah, but my spare parts and wrecks cost me a lot of money because the wankers deemed them to be firearms! Too much money spent trying to find what was not here to just leave me alone.
The dickhead in charge was demoted from detective acting serg to uniform serg after the bullshit
dust all cleared. They really are stupid ignorant uneducated people. Most are semi-literate and can barely string a sensible sentence together on paper. They must have extremely low IQ levels
set for joining up! Anyways we are back to the peace and quiet for now.
$1,000,000 plus spent watching, monitoring, aerial surveilance etc etc etc and it came down to
a $7,000 fine because I got the local "hanging judge" from maryborough.
My cousin got done for a grenade and about 20 unregistered longarms and he got a $500 fine
and no conviction recorded and 3 months to get the weapons on his licence! Magistrate was
from gladstone! Same problem, some arsehole with an issue dobbed him in! Really this country
is seriously in trouble with the morals of people today. Some times you just do not feel the love!

grenadier

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2017, 07:30:37 am »

$1,000,000 plus spent watching, monitoring, aerial surveilance etc etc etc a
Quote from: doomsdayprepper4570
[/quote

Reminiscent of Joh's Cedar Bay Masssacree.

I reckon your cousin did alright.

Mirage

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2017, 09:13:13 am »

Too much money spent trying to find what was not here to just leave me alone.

It's a pain to be someone else's Special Project.   On the up-side at least your 'arch enemy' from the plod didn't plant false evidence? It's touching that he/she/it is sticking to the rules. I hear that's not always the case.   

(No Country for Old Men)

sea-dove

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2017, 12:24:57 pm »

Too much money spent trying to find what was not here to just leave me alone.

It's a pain to be someone else's Special Project.   On the up-side at least your 'arch enemy' from the plod didn't plant false evidence? It's touching that he/she/it is sticking to the rules. I hear that's not always the case.   

I put in a police complaint one time as this cop (a Mt Barker cop) grabbed me for basically no real reason at all  (Id was crying and was distressed and someone called police as I was crying in a bus stop. The cops come and ask me if I had anything on me to hurt myself with, I said no.. cop didn't believe me and grabbed me). He  pulled my arm up behind my back and had me screaming in pain, unbelieveable pain.  I injured my shoulder and he wouldn't believe me that he was hurting me so didn't immediately let my arm go.  I had a torn tendon show up on a scan after this incident so I sent my ultrasound report in to show that the copper caused damage.

(I have a lot of health issues and get injured very easily.  My shouder tendon once tore when I was just reaching out to turn on a power point)

Anyway.. after a couple of months I phoned them to ask them what was happening re my police complaint re the bad cop and they wouldn't tell me anything and just said "its in the hands of our lawyers".  As I didn't try to take them to court and it was just a complaint, nothing happened to that bully cop. :(  I came across him down the street 6-8mths later and he actually laughed at me :(  . He recognised me and just laughed and said "you thought you'd get me into trouble" in a mocking voice.

I only hope that one day he will get into big trouble as I'm sure he would be bullying others and others will end up complaining to (he was only a youngish cop). 

I wish I'd sued them seeing I had the ultrasound showing he'd actually hurt me but I'm going throu too much crap to follow up on everything I go throu. I had issues with that shoulder then for 18mths (injuries like that always go into frozen shoulders in my case). 

At the moment I'm sueing or at least trying to, another gov dept who have really done the wrong thing to me re my illness (this time discrimination and neglect within disability services).  As I'm homebound and they will want me to go to court for cross examination and I don't have the help to get there, my lawyer currently is wanting me to give it another go to settle.  Actually my case is in court either today or tomorrow (I thought it was tomorrow but my lawyer yesterday said it was today) and she'll ring me to see what they said about possibly settling it after it.

I'm very worried if we settle without it going further in the courts that they will continue on treating me poorly as the gov dept keep denying and lying about doing anything wrong.  They (well  one of their managers) even made up stuff about me in the past, very crazy stuff seeing me out doing this and that which I never did... and then caused me trouble with other gov depts. by lying about me, so I wanted it all completely out in the open in court with a chance to show what they said isn't true.  Hoping to prove they were lying etc among other things they've done.

They seriously need to do a big government inquest over the way some not well known illnesses get treated by gov depts. and abusive behaviour which goes on.

The other two worst incidences Ive had other then that cop injuring me.  Was I once collapsed in an area I was supposed to move on from and a government security person wouldn't believe I couldn't get up again and walk at time and he actually with his boot, put it on my head and ground my head into the ground (It felt like my head was going to explode, it really hurt but unfortunately left no bruises after showing to prove what occurred so I never put in any complaint. I did thou after that incident end up in hospital. He then got another security person as I was still on ground then crying and hurting due to what he'd done, got this other to help him to pick me up and they THREW me out of the area.  (I laid where they'd thrown me till an ambulance was called)

Then another time, I was at the fridge parade with my elderly friend (this was back when he used to take me out and we used to occasionally have some fun, after the incident below and what occurred he said he'd NEVER take me to another parade as its too stressful and he's never done so since). Anyway, I'd collapsed in the crowd (I collapse when I get too warm, I'd been hoping to sit on the ground at the front but hadn't been able to get through the crowd and it got hot there, so ended up collapsed) and was almost then being trampled.

People on seeing this and that I was in danger of being trampled, went to get the police to help me out from crowd but the police wouldn't believe I wasn't a drunk on the ground and wouldn't come to my aid. It was so scary, I was on the ground with feet all around me and couldn't get up and out of there and was close to a full pass out.

In the end when police refused to come and help me, people in the actual crowd helped my friend get me out of danger. A shop keeper actually opened a shop up to let me in there to get me out of trouble and they half carried me into there.

After all the stuff Ive gone throu with my health issues, I NEVER leave my house alone.  Its due to all this stuff which has happened to me why now I don't know if I should try to settle out of court for disability discrimination or not when a gov dept is still disputing they did what they've done.  I'm fed up with not being believed of things which have happened and some which I have witnesses for.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 01:08:47 pm by sea-dove »

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2017, 08:22:07 am »

Yeah, but they ripped off cash, rechargable eneloops, gold coins etc etc etc.
Roughly $40,000 of gear went poof!
Amazing how the so called protectors have sticky fingers.
Must have been the boredom and disappoint?

Mirage

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2017, 09:18:22 am »

It's interesting/worrying that cash and coin now seem to have a default setting of 'suspicious' and are readily subject to forfeiture.  Based on the current policy ... all of our grandparents would have been treated like master criminals.   
(No Country for Old Men)

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2017, 07:33:32 am »

It just disappeared and was never spoken of!
Pure unadulterated theft for personal gain.
All good, much stronger and more organised now.
Just have to get going on the railway track entrance gates.
Good luck getting them unlocked and moving!

snakpak

• I am who I am
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2018, 09:15:57 pm »

8)
I agree 1000%
A bow is quiet so it doesnt draw attention you when hunting and legal to own easy to buy and easy to use \You can join an archery club and get professional training for next to nothing
A BOW IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO in my opinion

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2018, 05:44:18 am »

8)
I agree 1000%
A bow is quiet so it doesnt draw attention you when hunting and legal to own easy to buy and easy to use \You can join an archery club and get professional training for next to nothing
A BOW IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO in my opinion

Are you a competent archer and rifleman ?  if not then your opinion is worthless to anyone but you!

Way back I got into archery just to see how it measured up to see if it was actually viable, sadly it is not viable at all on its own, as an extra to firearms yes if one really wants to but still damn near useless compared to modern firearms, that is not only my opinion but my experienced opinion ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Top Posters This Week