Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Renters last minute bug out
by Bug out Brett88
[February 25, 2018, 10:15:48 pm]
by rwa
[February 25, 2018, 10:01:22 pm]
Makeshift weapons and defences
by Bug out Brett88
[February 25, 2018, 09:39:28 pm]
by Bug out Brett88
[February 25, 2018, 09:22:12 pm]
by Bug out Brett88
[February 25, 2018, 09:20:17 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 48444
  • *Total Topics: 4355
  • *Online Today: 60
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 48
  • *Total: 48
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Author Topic: Aussie Flu  (Read 542 times)

crazycatlady

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
    • Juniper Cottage - living simply
Aussie Flu
« on: January 18, 2018, 07:05:13 am »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Like Spanish Flu?  In that they are both viruses?  I know that flu can be serious and easily takes out elderly and frail but I'm a bit astonished at young and fit people dying of the flu.  Even if it is complications of pneumonia.  I am wondering what else is going on to make people so susceptible.

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
Re: Aussie Flu
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 07:49:52 am »

A tin of softdrink a day suppresses your immune system for up to 4 hours at a time!
Quite a few people drink more than one tin a day, so do the math.
Add in a virus and bacteria and problems get out of hand quick.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

graynomad

• Rob's website
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 08:57:57 am »

A tin of softdrink a day suppresses your immune system for up to 4 hours at a time!

I didn't know that, I (almost) never drink the crap but that's another reason not to.
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

sea-dove

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 09:58:31 am »

Interesting.    My sister was spent the day and night in hospital the day before xmas cause she caught some kind of flu virus (I think it was that aussie flu thing going around.. anyway it was a flu) and she ended up unconscious on her toilet floor all night as she collasped with it.  She came too next morning laying on floor in a pool of pee and blood... the collapse had left a big gash in her head (crazily none of her family had noticed her missing and had all just gone to bed night before, they have 2 toilets). 

She's in her 30s and does drink a lot of soft drink.  She's usually healthy but she still had the flu going around 8 days after she got out of hospital, Im not sure if she's over it yet. 

Its a bad flu, my sister has never got sick like this with a virus before.  (I was around her at xmas but havent caught. I should give her a ring to find out how she is now).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:20:15 am by sea-dove »

sea-dove

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 10:23:37 am »

"Patients are dying in the corridors of overcrowded A&E units because there are not enough beds, leading doctors warned in a letter to the Prime Minister last week.

Health bosses have blamed the rapidly escalating cases of flu for their controversial decision to cancel 55,000 operations last week.

The same move was also made by French officials as the European country battles an epidemic of 'exceptional magnitude'. 

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This was mostly a winter  flu so I wonder if this flu will hit us even worst next winter, its probably in more of a lull now in Australia due to the seasonal affects.  I noticed with panademics and stuff like that, they often end up happening in waves mostly over a 2 sometimes 3 year period.  This one could really head that way, just imagine if it mutates to become even more dangerous next winter then it is now.

Seeing it left my sister unconscious, I wonder if that means Im more at risk of getting extremely ill with it if I caught it.

**wondering if world wide medication stocks for this one could be wiped out if it hits too many thou my sister said the hospital couldnt do much for her except keep an eye on her, she didnt appear to have a secondary infection from it they could treat thou they gave her antibiotics anyway***
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:26:54 pm by sea-dove »

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 11:29:41 am »

If one grows up in a very clean nearly sterile environment then one must expect to catch the first germ/virus that comes along!

The old days when kids played in the dirt, ate small amounts of everything that had peed or crapped in the playground sandpit or swapped spit with the family pet etc those kids developed a good immune system!

With the current Smothering ( Super Mothering ) of children any wonder this is happening
Super Mothering is responsible for many sickness's both physical and mental !
Should be able to charge them with a crime! >:(

grenadier

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 12:41:56 pm »

Or put them in the stocks.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 04:25:29 pm »

Over mothering and less sexually active with the husband!
Maybe we need the days of the milkman, baker, fruit vendor and butcher regularly visiting to
keep that part stimulated! :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

grenadier

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 04:39:31 pm »

Those poor bastards died out from overwork.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 07:19:15 pm »

I will pay that one Gren.
And at least they were not fat and overweight as well.
Hmmmmm, that is probably why they were fitter! :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

grenadier

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 07:24:23 pm »

Had to run everywhere and service the customers. They all had to do that except for the dunny man who was the best paid and was never invited inside. And at Christmas time every house left him two bottles of beer or risked having shit everywhere for the rest of the year. The dunny man did better than bloody Santa Claus.

OzHippy

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 08:52:34 pm »

Interesting.    My sister was spent the day and night in hospital the day before xmas cause she caught some kind of flu virus (I think it was that aussie flu thing going around.. anyway it was a flu) and she ended up unconscious on her toilet floor all night as she collasped with it.  She came too next morning laying on floor in a pool of pee and blood... the collapse had left a big gash in her head (crazily none of her family had noticed her missing and had all just gone to bed night before, they have 2 toilets). 

She's in her 30s and does drink a lot of soft drink.  She's usually healthy but she still had the flu going around 8 days after she got out of hospital, Im not sure if she's over it yet. 

Its a bad flu, my sister has never got sick like this with a virus before.  (I was around her at xmas but havent caught. I should give her a ring to find out how she is now).

People that are very healthy and almost never get sick are susceptible to viruses as their immune systems get overwhelmed.  Many of the indigenous people all across the world were wiped out by European settlers diseases as their bodies never had any chance to build immunity.  People with chronic health issues do better with things like bubonic plague.
We live in interesting times!!

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 08:38:18 am »

You saying the missing links around town with all the unfed and unkept children with outlive us all
mate? :o

Top Posters This Week