Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Media article on Prepping and Preppers
by Milspec
[Today at 07:50:43 am]
by Hoopy
[Today at 02:03:14 am]
by odzy
[September 25, 2018, 10:40:43 am]
by Milspec
[September 25, 2018, 10:06:02 am]
by Hoopy
[September 24, 2018, 06:52:22 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 2002
  • *Latest: itfarmer

• *Total Posts: 50034
  • *Total Topics: 4444
  • *Online Today: 74
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 51
  • *Total: 51
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Final exit .  (Read 6045 times)

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
Re: Final exit .
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2018, 07:08:29 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You got that right, Arkane. I also believe the reponsibility to terminate ones own life lies completely with the one wishing to be dead. I consider it to be highly unethical to ask anyone else to do it for / to you while you have the ability and that it is unethical to wait until unable to complete life yourself before passing the burden to another. Bad bloody karma.

I have a pact with my son that in the event of me becoming incapacitated permanently he is to do whatever is needed to end things for me!

I've been that son.  As a result I don't intend to put that burden on any of my kids.  It's easy to say these things now ... it is all very complicated when it actually comes to pass.

Nope not complicated at all!
And not a burden just an unpleasant duty.

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2018, 08:31:38 pm »

I have a pact with my son that in the event of me becoming incapacitated permanently he is to do whatever is needed to end things for me!
I tried that with my oldest son who refused, my younger son on the other hand has no issue putting me down  providing the will is in his favour  ::)
oh that is horrible, sorry to hear that.   Ive never had this discussion with my children so have no idea what their opinions would be on this

OzHippy

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2018, 10:36:49 pm »

A coronial inquest into the deaths of two women in South Australia has heard the national regulator of medicine sales is "refusing to act" on calls to better secure a veterinary drug because it would "cost too much".The drug is attributed to almost 20 deaths per year.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:32:18 am by OzHippy »
We live in interesting times!!

grenadier

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2018, 07:27:48 am »

Is that the green dream?

OzHippy

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2018, 07:34:35 am »

Is that the green dream?
No idea why there is even such a topic.  Prepping purpose is to be prepared and have the skills to deal with any situation that arises.  It is true that only greens and ultra liberals that promote these these things.

sea-dove

« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2018, 05:51:40 pm »

A coronial inquest into the deaths of two women in South Australia has heard the national regulator of medicine sales is "refusing to act" on calls to better secure a veterinary drug because it would "cost too much".The drug is attributed to almost 20 deaths per year.

"between July 2000 and June 2016 the drug had been used in 293 suicides in Australia.

She said 33 of the deaths were directly linked to veterinarian clinics."

For once it looks like our law makers are having common sense and didnt support to have the drug rescheduled.  I think was only $400-500 when I got it offered to me from overseas (I cant remember now but the amount was achievable even for a disability pensioner).  Hardly no-one gets it here from a vet clinic and those who did could of just as easily got it sourced from elsewhere if they hadnt got it from there.

to me it is a prepping thing and you just dont know when someone may have to be like put down for compassionite reasons if they had no chance (or for some to use in a self defence situation, maybe this could be a bit of a male or female thing coming into play, maybe males are more likely to use guns for serious self defence while women may be more likely to use poison???. What does people think of this theory? could their be a some difference to how a man may defend and how a female may choose to do so?  Ive heard guys talk regularly here at times about shooting people if they are threatened in SHTF.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:08:00 pm by sea-dove »

OzHippy

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2018, 07:49:16 pm »

"between July 2000 and June 2016 the drug had been used in 293 suicides in Australia.

She said 33 of the deaths were directly linked to veterinarian clinics."

For once it looks like our law makers are having common sense and didnt support to have the drug rescheduled.  I think was only $400-500 when I got it offered to me from overseas (I cant remember now but the amount was achievable even for a disability pensioner).  Hardly no-one gets it here from a vet clinic and those who did could of just as easily got it sourced from elsewhere if they hadnt got it from there.

to me it is a prepping thing and you just dont know when someone may have to be like put down for compassionite reasons if they had no chance (or for some to use in a self defence situation, maybe this could be a bit of a male or female thing coming into play, maybe males are more likely to use guns for serious self defence while women may be more likely to use poison???. What does people think of this theory? could their be a some difference to how a man may defend and how a female may choose to do so?  Ive heard guys talk regularly here at times about shooting people if they are threatened in SHTF.
I am not sure how changing the schedule of the drug will do..  Irrespective the vet has access to the drugs, perhaps might not be so easy for assistants to get it.  As you say most drugs can be imported.  Cannabis and opioids are illegal but still freely available.   

Different genders also have different security risks but one should have all tools available to deal with different threats.  As they say don't die for your country let the enemy die for it. 

Hoopy

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2018, 11:49:17 pm »

The final exit 'eh...I thought it would be about jack out bush leaving the forum in some grumpy mood swing.. well bugger me it's been an interesting 6 pages to say the least , very thought provoking , I'd rather go out with a couple of mates/friends around pissing in each other's pocket if ya get what I mean...trying to go out with a smile on me dial If I was so lucky.

I guess I'd find it really hard to joke around with a mate while holding a gun to his/her head...Ya win some and ya lose some I guess but it would seriously have to be the last option.

Some one back a page or six mentioned Blackfellas leaving their sick...Yes in nomadic mobs but funny enough everyone accepted that to be the done thing so by default the sick person  accepted the process.On the other side of the equation with the non nomadic mobs when someone went off to die the living accepted their will.Not all wondered  off to die though and funerals/mourning's were held...just saying.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Top Posters This Week