Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: other preppers in my area
by OzHippy
[July 18, 2018, 07:44:34 pm]
Re: La 101
by rwa
[July 18, 2018, 10:09:03 am]
Re: other preppers in my area
by rwa
[July 18, 2018, 10:01:13 am]
Re: Handheld GPS navigation
by Zombie
[July 18, 2018, 06:24:26 am]
Re: Handheld GPS navigation
by OzHippy
[July 17, 2018, 09:07:36 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 49553
  • *Total Topics: 4417
  • *Online Today: 70
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 48
  • *Total: 49

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Author Topic: WW3 - inevitable?  (Read 1426 times)

rwa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
WW3 - inevitable?
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:55:03 pm »

Rhetoric being ramped up. I'm thinking someone will take an irrevocable step soon and then all hell will break loose. If Russian media is telling their citizens to stock up it would appear they wont back down - and I doubt The Donald will, especially since he has guaranteed backing from the UK and France. Turkey (no friend of Russia) is also telling the Ruski's to stop backing Assad.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
Re: WW3 - inevitable?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 06:02:34 am »

WRONG, Turkey is now aligned with Russia and stands together.  Turkey may not like Syria and it's leader but is hugely dependent on Russia.  They even received the S-400 system from Russia something that put the other NATO members on high alert.  Germany and Italy are also holding back as they rely on Russia for gas.

The only idiots wanting a war is UK, France, US, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.  Of course Australia is always with the criminals from the US so our continent won't be spared from numerous atomic blasts should war break out.

Since Russia is preparing it's citizens for a nuclear war you can almost be certain that this will be coming soon.  It's the only way out for the US and it's huge debt crisis.

Pedro

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 06:45:16 am »

World war 3? - No, I don't think so.
But wars, yes they will continue as usual but where and when is hard for us peasants to figure out
given that all the pollies lie about their true intent (it's necessary!) and the media are not allowed
to give us a balanced view - even if they had enough information, were genuine journalists and were
permitted by their masters to be honest.

It's all talk and posturing at the moment. the Donald has just backed down, but no doubt will be back up
again shortly. (How's the North Korea situation going?)
Putins instructions to stock up are another gesture, but if it suggests to the other sides that he is preparing
for war then that's a good strategy, costs little and is a common sense approach anyway as us preppers know.

Of course this all assumes that all the players are rational beings trying to get the best results for their side
whatever they may be - economic, distracting their sheep from home problems etc,
but there are always the nut cases that actually want wars to get their thrills or test a new war toy
or just not capable of making sensible decisions.

Still, not to worry, our fearless leaders will dutifully follow the Donalds instructions whatever they may be so that Australians
can die gloriously, killing foreigners in their own lands far away (with some chance of enticing a nuclear gift from some
country showing the Donald that they are pissed off with him and are making an example of one of
his insignificant 'running dogs' way down South.

(I do believe I'm getting a little cynical in my old age, how stupid - what a wonderful world!)

rwa

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 08:23:31 am »

Not a happy marriage between Russia and Turkey ..........

Turkey has "usually" been a friend/ally of the West - the US used Turkish bases to launch airstrikes in Gulf Wars 1 and 2.

Only a few days ago Turkey demanded Russia stop supporting Assad - claiming Assad's forces were terrorists?

Germany stated last night they would not participate in strikes by US UK and France in Syria but totally supported any action.

I guess if Trump/May/Macron land a few missiles on Assad it will all be in Putins court then.

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 10:21:23 am »

Since dropping a couple of Nukes to end WWII the yanks have been arrogantly pushing the rest of the world around!
It is inevitable that this will eventually end, how and when remains to be seen!

Trump has played the north Korean pig at his own game and won round one!
He has played the UN game and won!
He is playing China at there own game and is winning!
He is playing Putin at his game and seems so far to be winning!

I don't like Trump but he is a winner, even with the odds stacked against him he wins!
I factor this into my thoughts!

But Putin is also a winner! :-\

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 03:31:57 pm »

I wouldn't trust DW news...  Russia asked Turkey to take care of that pocket for them, Turkey is well aligned with Putin so no issues there.  US only has one base in Turkey and that is now disused since Erdogan told the US to pack-up and go.  All nuclear missiles which were stored there where moved to Romania last year and the germans moved all their gear to Jordan.

As for Trump winning against China or Russia, I doubt that...  China made it clear if any more crap they will use the MASTER TRUMP CARD, damping over 1 trillion US Treasuries and stop purchasing US debt.  Once this happens is game over for the US and any other country pegged to the USD.  Sure the Yuan will rise in value if they do this which is a bad thing for China but as we all know Xi is able to devalue his currency without a problem and at any moment.

As for Putin, he already told the US that no attack will be taken lightly and since he threatened to take out any ship firing missiles and risk a conflict with Russia old mate Trump has backed down for now.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 03:45:43 pm »

Have a look at the congress grilling which happened last night in the US

Also go to 8:27min in the video to see what I mean about the Chinese having over 1 trillion in treasuries

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 01:23:21 am »

One can get lost in too much detail or biased spin!

Just looking at results so far! :D

OzHippy

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 12:23:26 pm »

Is this the start of it.

Update 3: at 10PM ET, Defense Secretary Mattis and Joseph Dunford, the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff provided the Pentagon's update, repeating that U.S., British and and French forces struck Syrias chemical weapons infrastructure tonight. Mattis said that "Clearly, the Assad regime did not get the message last year. This time, our allies and we have struck harder."

According to media reports in addition to American ships, Tomahawk missiles and aircraft - including B-1 bombers, leading the attacks, four British Tornado GR4s have targeted a military facility in Homs with Storm Shadow missiles.
While unconfirmed, Syria state TV claims that it shot down 13 missiles near Damascus.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:29:39 pm by OzHippy »
We live in interesting times!!

grenadier

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 01:32:20 pm »

I haven't been nuked yet.

OzHippy

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 02:06:07 pm »

I haven't been nuked yet.
You must look out your backdoor not the front door and you will see the mushrooms. 

Russian response
Update 7:  Russia responds. Here is the full statement posted by Russia's ambassador to the US, Anataoly Antonov:

The worst apprehensions have come true. Our warnings have been left unheard.
A pre-designed scenario is being implemented. Again, we are being threatened. We warned that such actions will not be left without consequences.
All responsibility for them rests with Washington, London and Paris.
Insulting the President of Russia is unacceptable and inadmissible.
The U.S. – the possessor of the biggest arsenal of chemical weapons – has no moral right to blame other countries.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 02:17:09 pm by OzHippy »
We live in interesting times!!

rwa

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 09:24:14 pm »

Long way to go yet .........

This happened in February.

Mirage

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 04:07:08 pm »

WRONG, Turkey is now aligned with Russia and stands together.  Turkey may not like Syria and it's leader but is hugely dependent on Russia.  They even received the S-400 system from Russia something that put the other NATO members on high alert.  Germany and Italy are also holding back as they rely on Russia for gas.

The only idiots wanting a war is UK, France, US, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.  Of course Australia is always with the criminals from the US so our continent won't be spared from numerous atomic blasts should war break out.

Since Russia is preparing it's citizens for a nuclear war you can almost be certain that this will be coming soon.  It's the only way out for the US and it's huge debt crisis.

+1.  The risk is higher than during worst moments of the cold war.  Mainly because the US seems to have suffered a national brain injury (The leaders not the ordinary folks) and can't accept that Russia and China are capable of putting up a hell of a fight.

Also, I think the US and west generally underestimate the Russian collective memory of what happened to them in WW2.  I can't see them pissing around letting their country get hammered by US/NAT0 economic sanctions and airpower the way all the most recent adversaries of the US did.  They'll end up launching cyber offensives, sinking one or more US Carriers and attacking European airbases and missile installations in order to halt damage being done to their economy. 

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:30:37 pm by Mirage »
'Just how dangerous is he?'
'Compared to what? ... The bubonic plague?' 
(No Country for Old Men)

Top Posters This Week