Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: The Bunker
by doomsdayprepper4570
[Today at 12:08:06 pm]
by grenadier
[Today at 08:37:29 am]
by doomsdayprepper4570
[Today at 08:06:04 am]
by grenadier
[October 20, 2018, 11:40:30 pm]
by doomsdayprepper4570
[October 20, 2018, 02:19:28 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 50190
  • *Total Topics: 4448
  • *Online Today: 94
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 71
  • *Total: 71
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Author Topic: La 101  (Read 881 times)

Smurphy

• VIP Forum Supporter
La 101
« on: June 12, 2018, 07:25:43 pm »

Just bought one of these for the missus in 22lr and damn am I impressed. Never thoight anything would ever surpass my old model 2, bit this thing is the bomb. Judging by the materials and build quality, I reckon they will give the brnos a run in longevity stakes. Probably wouldn't get the bigger brother, I like my cfires to be crf, but this thing just oozes quality. And will put everything I have fed it under 20mm at 100m. Even the cheap stuff. Unusually doesn't seem to have a firm facourite so far, but havent tried any match stuff yet. Is wearing a luepold 3x9x40, but will probably end up with my 2x7x36 ziess. Absolutely wrapped. If you don't have a 22, buy one of these now.
First rule of a gunfight. Bring a gun.

rwa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
Re: La 101
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:16:22 pm »

Does look impressive but at over 6.5 pounds (polymer) and over 7 pounds (timber) that's a bit heavy for me so I'm out. I'd like to handle one in sporter weight though when/if they make one as I am in the market for another .22 - got a preference for stainless too these days. I see CZ are doing stainless now although there is supposedly a 6 months wait for the next shipment.

Smurphy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 07:28:07 pm »

Yeah mate might sound like they are heavy, but it's well balanced and quite short. Muzzle heavy, but not in the sense of say a cz or sporter anshutz. They are cerakoted, and this is the only non stainless gun I own. I never was much of one for the different coatings, but after carting a glock around for more than 12 years in conditions my stainless guns got surface rust in a few days, (locked up I admit) I am a pretty strong believer. I never thought I would own any other rimfire than a cz, but these grow on you. If you get a chance, handle one for a while. Seems a bit stubby at first, but awesome to cart around. Would also like a ss cz, but not too keen on the pinned barrels. Just my own choice, other makers have been using them for years with great results.
First rule of a gunfight. Bring a gun.

rwa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 10:09:03 am »

Just bought a CZ455 in stainless synthetic. Gorgeous bit of gear. Beautifully balanced at only 2.4Kg with a 20.5 inch barrel, which I'll stick in the lathe and shorten to maybe 18 and fit a muzzle cap. Have a few spare Leupold 2.5-8's lying around so that's what it will be wearing when the stupid 28 days is up. Watch this space …….

Top Posters This Week