Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Places in Australia with the most Bush Tucker?
by Pedro
[Today at 12:24:37 pm]
Places in Australia with the most Bush Tucker?
by pinhead
[Today at 10:57:39 am]
Re: Taking my BOB for a shakedown cruise
by Arkane
[December 16, 2018, 12:58:15 pm]
Easy food hack PSHTF
by Hoopy
[December 15, 2018, 09:44:51 pm]
Re: Hi from Brisbane
by Hoopy
[December 14, 2018, 07:03:23 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 50485
  • *Total Topics: 4474
  • *Online Today: 75
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 31
  • *Total: 32

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Author Topic: La 101  (Read 1085 times)

Smurphy

• VIP Forum Supporter
La 101
« on: June 12, 2018, 07:25:43 pm »

Just bought one of these for the missus in 22lr and damn am I impressed. Never thoight anything would ever surpass my old model 2, bit this thing is the bomb. Judging by the materials and build quality, I reckon they will give the brnos a run in longevity stakes. Probably wouldn't get the bigger brother, I like my cfires to be crf, but this thing just oozes quality. And will put everything I have fed it under 20mm at 100m. Even the cheap stuff. Unusually doesn't seem to have a firm facourite so far, but havent tried any match stuff yet. Is wearing a luepold 3x9x40, but will probably end up with my 2x7x36 ziess. Absolutely wrapped. If you don't have a 22, buy one of these now.
First rule of a gunfight. Bring a gun.

rwa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
Re: La 101
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:16:22 pm »

Does look impressive but at over 6.5 pounds (polymer) and over 7 pounds (timber) that's a bit heavy for me so I'm out. I'd like to handle one in sporter weight though when/if they make one as I am in the market for another .22 - got a preference for stainless too these days. I see CZ are doing stainless now although there is supposedly a 6 months wait for the next shipment.

Smurphy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 07:28:07 pm »

Yeah mate might sound like they are heavy, but it's well balanced and quite short. Muzzle heavy, but not in the sense of say a cz or sporter anshutz. They are cerakoted, and this is the only non stainless gun I own. I never was much of one for the different coatings, but after carting a glock around for more than 12 years in conditions my stainless guns got surface rust in a few days, (locked up I admit) I am a pretty strong believer. I never thought I would own any other rimfire than a cz, but these grow on you. If you get a chance, handle one for a while. Seems a bit stubby at first, but awesome to cart around. Would also like a ss cz, but not too keen on the pinned barrels. Just my own choice, other makers have been using them for years with great results.
First rule of a gunfight. Bring a gun.

rwa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 10:09:03 am »

Just bought a CZ455 in stainless synthetic. Gorgeous bit of gear. Beautifully balanced at only 2.4Kg with a 20.5 inch barrel, which I'll stick in the lathe and shorten to maybe 18 and fit a muzzle cap. Have a few spare Leupold 2.5-8's lying around so that's what it will be wearing when the stupid 28 days is up. Watch this space …….

Lt Marauder

• Jr. Member - Trade Approved
  • The value of an idea lies in the using of it.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 05:49:49 pm »

I recently purchased a Lithgow LA 101 in 17HMR.
I mounted a bi-pod on it and a Bushnell Elite 4 to 16 power scope whit the mil-dot recital.
I got it with the Walnut stock, black finish and it came with the threaded barrel - though I have very little hope of being able to use this legally any time soon.  There is always hope.

The thing is laser accurate and works as expected in every respect.  I am very happy with it.
I caution that with all rifles it is very important to clean the barrel very well before first use but it is especially so with 17HMR.

17HMR is a great caliber, usable out to 200m and shoots very flat.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.

Top Posters This Week
Member Posts
Arkane 1
pinhead 1
Pedro 1