Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Swap and Go lpg
by odzy
[Today at 05:32:06 am]
Re: Financial armageddon
by Hoopy
[Today at 12:32:16 am]
Re: Final exit .
by Hoopy
[August 15, 2018, 11:49:17 pm]
by rwa
[August 15, 2018, 10:26:23 pm]
by Hoopy
[August 15, 2018, 09:49:50 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 1980
  • *Latest: Wanderer

• *Total Posts: 49797
  • *Total Topics: 4427
  • *Online Today: 79
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 67
  • *Total: 68

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Author Topic: other preppers in my area  (Read 817 times)

johnv

other preppers in my area
« on: June 26, 2018, 11:07:12 am »

Hi all. We live in the childers area Qld 4660. Was wondering if any other preppers live in the area.
Cheers
John

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
Re: other preppers in my area
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 11:35:31 am »

Brisbane here!

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 12:13:16 pm »

killarney 4373 here...  Tassi soon ;)

grenadier

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:57:36 pm »

g'day Johnv.
Pretty sure there are good folks near you.

Gympiegoat

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 05:30:56 pm »

Gympie here. Welcome aboard.

brisbaneman

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 08:49:22 pm »

Brisbane too :)

christef24

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 10:31:27 pm »

Hi all
I'm in Hunter Valley NSW - read that we need to be a long way from the coast.  I'm only an hours drive from coast myself - no tall mountains around me - just high hills i n a basin.  Also read and seen John Moores video utube ex American navy seal who has great video and info - we need to be 600' above sea level as huge tsunamis will hit - we need cover- shelter, plenty food, water, medical supplies, warm clothing, probably sleeping bags to -26 or so.  In biblical end times w=- whether you choose to believe that or not - its pretty obvious with the state the world is in.  Other issues going on in world as well and global.

Are there any prepper groups around the area??.  See Prep Aussie utube videos n- lots of great info there plus info financial collapse - see tradingeconomics.com  for info on global banks etc.  Prep has really good info on bugging in and out etc.
I have heaps to learn - 70 still very active, grandmother etc etc - by myself though. avid reader, have admin skills, typing, on emergency services team for crisis situations in my area - was in bundaberg floods (to help) chaplaincy, have solar radio, getting solar mobile charger, have wind up torch.  thinking getting cb radio for communications as well. gardening, cook etc.  been starting vege garden etc.
can get jerry cans for car but ive read the ships will stop so the petrol will run out - so how do we move around - maybe a motor bike?
am thinking a step thru - be cheaper to run. 
Glad I found an aussie site.  So many American.

I caught another planet next to the moon not long ago on video.  I was down the shops looked up and saw another planet next to the sun!  Went home got my phone took pics then video - see what I could see.  - another planet!!!  I''ve also seen a second sun a few Yellowstone been going off, huewei  volcano hasn't stopped and heaps evacuated - terrible there.   crime rate escalating here too, especially in victoria, perth

Christine

rwa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 10:01:13 am »

I bought a place on the NSW South Coast as my "forever" place - but I'll always keep the 600 acres of bush in the mountains as a bolthole. Wont be moving to the coast until next year though.

Interesting how we all have different ideas of where the best place to be is.

I am 1Km from the ocean on a few acres. I chose it simply because my main interests (apart from hunting which I do on the bush block - deer, pigs, goats), revolve around fishing, diving and self sufficient living. The South Coast has quite a mild climate - warmer than Canberra in Winter, cooler in Summer - a good long growing season and very consistent rainfall all year except for July/August but even then not bad. I only have a bit over 2 acres there but it is more than enough for an orchard, veggy garden and the sheds I am having built for my toys.

The town I am on the very edge of only has 1,500 people and all up and down the coast there are rivers, lakes and estuaries that have always been great fishing, prawning and crabbing, something I am pretty good at. While fuel supplies last I can/will fish offshore as well - I wont go short. Have a farming/animal husbandry background and have my own machinery to make working a veggy garden easy - an 80HP tractor is a bit of overkill on a 1 acre veggy garden though  .

I have lived/worked pretty much everywhere from inland on the fringes of the Simpson Desert to the Cities but the Coastal life suits me best.

OzHippy

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 07:44:34 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi all
I'm in Hunter Valley NSW - read that we need to be a long way from the coast.  I'm only an hours drive from coast myself - no tall mountains around me - just high hills i n a basin.  Also read and seen John Moores video utube ex American navy seal who has great video and info - we need to be 600' above sea level as huge tsunamis will hit - we need cover- shelter, plenty food, water, medical supplies, warm clothing, probably sleeping bags to -26 or so.  In biblical end times w=- whether you choose to believe that or not - its pretty obvious with the state the world is in.  Other issues going on in world as well and global.

Are there any prepper groups around the area??.  See Prep Aussie utube videos n- lots of great info there plus info financial collapse - see tradingeconomics.com  for info on global banks etc.  Prep has really good info on bugging in and out etc.
Christine
Hi Christine,  I am in the Hunter Valley as well.  Tried to set up a Hunter Valley meet and greet once.  The activity was in Mainland and only two families turned up.  There were a few avid posters from the Hunter on the forum but they seem to of gone quiet.  I am interested in setting up a group or loose collaboration.

I am also prepping for end times, my scenario is economic collapse then war etc.. and geological instability. 

My favourite economic and news site is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   Zero Hedge..   The economy is starting to fail on all fronts, and agree the earth is becoming unstable as well.  Tsunami are not such a big issue off the Aus East coast  - I would think 60m above sea level would be fine.  Flooding in low lying ares is a big concern. 
We live in interesting times!!

crazycatlady

• Juniper Cottage - living simply
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 05:34:46 pm »

Hi John, just south of Gympie here and soon to be from parts in the west.  Hope you're having fun in Childers.  Except for the ticks its nice country.

graynomad

• Global Mod & VIPĀ Forum Supporter
    • Rob's website
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 09:25:31 pm »

Hi all. We live in the childers area Qld 4660. Was wondering if any other preppers live in the area.
Cheers
John

Hi John, just found this post, dunno why I never saw it before.

Anyway I'm in the bush near Gin Gin, I know another member that lives further west and another closer to Bundy.
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

Top Posters This Week