Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: The Bunker
by doomsdayprepper4570
[Today at 12:08:06 pm]
by grenadier
[Today at 08:37:29 am]
by doomsdayprepper4570
[Today at 08:06:04 am]
by grenadier
[October 20, 2018, 11:40:30 pm]
by doomsdayprepper4570
[October 20, 2018, 02:19:28 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 50190
  • *Total Topics: 4448
  • *Online Today: 94
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 57
  • *Total: 58

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: end of the dollar  (Read 2199 times)

johnv

end of the dollar
« on: July 10, 2018, 06:06:02 pm »

The dollar has been devaluing so much over the last 30 years its probably only worth about 5 cents. Usa government is around 23 trillion in debt, and total country debt is hundreds of trillion in debt. China is the leading country for savings followed by Russia, and they have been buying gold and sliver, where as the usa has maybe $40 billion in gold reserves but no one knows as know-one has been allowed in fort knoxs to see. If you take all of the worlds spending per year on military that is still less than the usa spends py. Now they are talking about a space force. This is just another gimmick to hide the truth. You cant keep printing money and expect it to be worth something, its got to end and so will Australia as we are so linked to the usa. Our stupid government follows them like wolves to the sheep.
So stock up on gold,silver and even some bitcoin, not money, and nothing the government can touch.

graynomad

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
    • Rob's website
Re: end of the dollar
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 08:35:24 pm »

Man I wish I could afford some gold and silver, anyway that's what you buy when you have everything else and so far I ain't got everything else :)

I could not endorse cryptos though, the gov could find that whenever they want if they got serious about it. They already have forced some exchanges to hand over all transaction details I think.
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

doomsdayprepper4570

• Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 06:48:00 am »

Not enough cash for me to worry about it all.
No debts is my plan and plenty on the hoof beef.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 07:19:07 am »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Food will be the new currency anyway 

Gympiegoat

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 01:41:34 pm »

Anyone got any idea what will happen with interest rates with the trade war between China & US?

Inflation should increase in the US with higher prices but it should not effect prices here & if anything it should help Aust. as China looks for other sources for imports & exports.

But with escalation, Trump is talking of another US$200 billion of tariffs, will it be enough to cause a major recession?

hailesellasie

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 06:08:07 pm »

Indeed...I have people telling me to buy gold and silver like there's no tomorrow. Yeah, buy a bit sure, but when this all comes tumbling down, I can't eat gold nor silver...What someone told me as well was to stock up on 22LR ammo...good bartering tool when in need...

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 06:19:31 pm »

Smokes, grog, medicine, food, seeds, gun powder, and ammo are the items someone should stock up on. 
About 10k in cash in $5 and $10 bills, and a few 5 and 10 ounces of gold bars would be good to stock up too if you can afford it

Red

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 07:50:22 pm »

Indeed...I have people telling me to buy gold and silver like there's no tomorrow. Yeah, buy a bit sure, but when this all comes tumbling down, I can't eat gold nor silver...What someone told me as well was to stock up on 22LR ammo...good bartering tool when in need...

Ammo is the last thing I'd use as a bartering tool, It lets people know what you've got.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 12:10:54 pm »

Yeah or use on you girl!  :o ;D ;D ;D
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Red

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 04:02:41 pm »

Pretty much ;D

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 03:05:49 pm »

Major crash in house building and house prices coming up according to gov/financial experts
on ABC radio a couple of days ago.

Red

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 03:31:05 pm »

Did they put a timeline on it? Or is just one of those generalised "at some stage, probably within our lifetime" type predictions?

0zprepz0

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 10:59:32 pm »

The peak was apparently 9 months ago.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The official drop in Sydney was 4.5%, but that is apartments and houses. For houses alone it was 6%.
The unofficial estimate was 10-15%. The reason for the higher estimate is that it in everyone's interest to hide a decline. There are many more advertisements without any price listed, for example.

Other cities are still showing some increase, notably Hobart, but that is because people are escaping ridiculous prices in Sydney and Melbourne and moving to Hobart where they are driving up prices. So that's really more of an indicator that Sydney and Melbourne are unaffordable than anything else.

$120B in interest-only loans will convert to principal-and-interest repayments within the next 3 years. Of those, about $40B of those borrowers will have trouble making the higher payments. And that is in current economic conditions. Any recession and job losses could bump that figure from $40B to $100B pretty fast.

That's also at current (historically low) interest rates.

The other factor that could make a decline steep is that most of those interest-only loans are investor loans, probably mortgaged to the hilt and negatively-geared. That means they only want to keep the property if its going up. They're holding at the moment, still hoping it will go up again.
When enough investors speculators lose their nerve, only the first to sell will get out ok. If they wait, others will have sold first, driving the price down, making it more urgent to sell and pay off the loan before it goes underwater. Vicious spiral down...

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 12:42:22 pm »

Well all I can say was that they said for first home buyers to wait before buying.
As there going to be an influx of cheaper houses come onto the market from forclosures etc etc.

graynomad

• Rob's website
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 03:29:43 pm »

Major crash in house building and house prices coming up according to gov/financial experts
on ABC radio a couple of days ago.

Yep, on TV yesterday as well, new buyers hold off 'cause house prices are about to hit the fan.

Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
Pages: [1] 2

Top Posters This Week