Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Swap and Go lpg
by odzy
[Today at 05:32:06 am]
Re: Financial armageddon
by Hoopy
[Today at 12:32:16 am]
Re: Final exit .
by Hoopy
[August 15, 2018, 11:49:17 pm]
by rwa
[August 15, 2018, 10:26:23 pm]
by Hoopy
[August 15, 2018, 09:49:50 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 1980
  • *Latest: Wanderer

• *Total Posts: 49797
  • *Total Topics: 4427
  • *Online Today: 79
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 68
  • *Total: 69

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Post-SHTF cooperation avoids murder  (Read 1407 times)

Gympiegoat

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
Re: Post-SHTF cooperation avoids murder
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2018, 07:35:15 pm »

Every generation says that the coming generation is weak & lacklustre. I am sure that when the chips are down a sufficient number of Aussie battlers will rise to the task ahead.

If there is a bad enough crisis to bring down civilization Indonesia & the Philippines will collapse too so they will be no threat, in fact they will be worse off as they start with a lower Gov. health service infrastructure & already have trouble with Bird Flu & SARS & who knows what else. The muslims will most likely go on a killing spree to cleanse the countries of Catholics & other non muslim groups or Durate will get in first. In other words both countries will truly collapse.

Another problem all countries around the equator face is the wet bulb effect of a warming planet. If you think Darwin's climate is bad, it will be even worse on island nations surrounded by water.

As I said earlier forget the 1850's. I do not know the exact figures but almost 20% of Australian households have solar & another 9,500 get it each day. Collapse will not be overnight unless there is a meteor strike. People & Gov. will have weeks to months to years to adapt & find alternative methods to solve problems & there will be a lot less people. If you want to cover your shed with solar panels there will be plenty available & hundreds of trucks with batteries. There are three big readymix & many truck yards in Gympie & a lot fewer people everywhere.

Most big towns & cities have steam enthusiasts, garden clubs, permaculture groups, seedsaver groups, there are about 2,000 members on Oz Prepper & that is only one Prep group in Aust. How many engineers, mechanics, blacksmiths, farmers & other practical people, CES volunteers, rural fireries, fishermen etc & their immediate circle in the country who will not get caught with their pants down!

On the street I live there are 15 x 5 acre properties, almost all with fruit trees, dam, veggie garden & chooks. Some have horses, some have ducks, some have guinea fowl & some have goats. Gympie is surrounded by such properties & so are most other town around Aust. It will not take long for people to get their act together.

If we are not exporting food overseas there will be plenty to eat, if a simple diet. Over 500 million chickens. 26 million head of beef, 60 - 70 million sheep, 5 million pigs & 44 million roos. If we run out of meat we can always trade with NZ for a few of their 30 million sheep.

Millions of chickens could be produced in a very short time & distributed around the country if there was a need.

Aust.  produced about 40 million tonnes of grain in 2010. Plenty for damper or sourdough.

Distribution you say! Aust. has plenty of functioning steam locos. I think there are 21 in Qld & there are several others at the Ipswich workshops & elsewhere that could be made operational. Other states would have some too & there are plenty diesel engines about & the Fed. Gov. would have emergence fuel set aside for the military & such use.

Buggar! Just missed a PM from Doomie. Was engrossed in writing the above post.

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIPĀ Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2018, 07:38:35 pm »

Yeah and here I thought you were ignoring me  :(
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Gympiegoat

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2018, 10:54:16 am »

Would not ignore you mate. You were not visible on screen as I was looking up about the QR diesel loco fleet. I would not have been good company last night as was very tired. I mulched 20 trees & watered 80 trees by hose, too cheap to put in irrigation, & half my bananas & the wife is crook & my back has seen better days. I find collapse scenarios intriguing. Crash = financial depression & collapse = fall of civilization. The first could trigger the second but collapse would be most likely resource depletion which could be just oil or a systemic compounding of multiple shortages including the inability to deliver supplies because of fuel shortages in a complex JIT , BAU , ponzi banking system world. Water will be a big problem for many places in the near future. The ramifications of climate change will be severe in many regions too. As a farmer you know how reliant agriculture is on stable weather.

I've said this on site many times:- a 1 deg C increase leads to more evaporation, 7% more, that leads to more energy in the climate system meaning stronger winds, more rain or desertification depending on where the rain falls & more snow if it falls as snow. We think 10 C. above normal is bad. Sweden, Alaska, parts of Japan & much of the Arctic areas are experiencing 20 - 30 C above normal. That in turn leads to more snow up there but also to more melting from warmer seas around the edges so thicker ice but a smaller area. A smaller area of ice means more ocean surface to absorb sunlight instead of ice to reflect it which compounds the problem.

Gympiegoat

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2018, 01:18:56 pm »

The oil crunch is gunna hit us before the climate change crunch.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is why we are here & what we are prepping for.

0zprepz0

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2018, 01:29:36 pm »

The oil crunch is gunna hit us before the climate change crunch.

That may be (or not), but that is not this scenario.
This thread is to develop the scenario described at the top.
Don't we have another thread for an oil crunch scenario?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Top Posters This Week