Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 50478
  • *Total Topics: 4472
  • *Online Today: 84
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 66
  • *Total: 66
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Something is going on...  (Read 8415 times)

gaz54au

• VIP Forum Supporter
Re: Something is going on...
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 10:59:38 pm »

I don't think they will recover this time!
And if there economy goes down, China will step in to help but the USA will never be the same! Not a super power anyway! (my thoughts) :)

Keith

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 10:26:39 am »

I am not into politics, that stuff goes right over my head. But I can't help asking myself why is our government cutting funding to low income families & individuals, why are they cutting funding to social services but increasing the amount of money going to the wealthy. Obviously from our point of view this is total lunacy, all arse backwards. Is this because they do not expect life as we know it to last much longer anyway, so they are funding the upper classes to help them survive?
This also comes at a time when real changes are happening in our environment. Global warming/climate change is speeding up. We are already noticing the changes & it is not good. Scientists are up in arms & so are a lot of other people because suddenly the effects are very apparent. I can understand the governments greed & reluctance to take cuts to their personal income, but we are talking major weather changes here that will effect everyone.
What good is this short term profit to the wealthy if it means long term suffering? This I do not understand. Regardless it is happening, & happening now. Drunken violence in towns & cities is on the increase. This is too late to curb now. This along with financial cuts, less housing, less jobs, power cuts & black-outs due to overuse of air conditioning in the cities, the closing of some social services. We are literally being driven towards a survival situation. It could be slow & they can keep a lid on it, but if it all gets too much, protests could lead to riots, & then the lid will be off.
Right now my main concern is growing enough food, & this climate change is already having devastating effects on our garden. This is not just an individual thing, major crops in Australia are also being affected. This could mean less food in the supermarkets. What if on top of black-outs there are also water shortages & food shortages? The future does not look good from where I am standing.
Keith.

ThatFamilyGuy

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 11:31:58 am »

Keith, it's those who commit the violence in the streets I am worried about, if they go out with the intention to fight to have a good time, then what are they capable of in numbers in order to survive when they have nothing?

As for your crops, my neighbour who's apples grow on my side of te fence and fall into my yard, it took just three days of the 40° heat to burn them, theyre now brown from light green, my oranges have not fared better, many of the newer ones have already lost their firmness and feel like last seasons if they'd stayed up their all along.

Geek

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 11:42:49 am »

FEMA is supposed to help in the event of a disaster.  To date they have pretty much been a disaster.  I wouldn't place any importance on anything those bozos do.

MyNameisNobody

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
    • My online shop
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 12:15:42 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
FEMA is supposed to help in the event of a disaster.  To date they have pretty much been a disaster.  I wouldn't place any importance on anything those bozos do.

Don't forget to please visit my online shop at
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offgrid

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 07:15:16 pm »

Self-reliance is all anyone needs....

shineyshooter

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 08:38:33 am »

... well I'd argue that it's 'part' of what someone needs certainly, you'll also need to rely on those around you to help keep what you produce from those who can't or don't. 

Pedro

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 10:17:52 am »

This topic started by suggesting that "something is going on".

Both the links about FEMA wanting large supplies within 24 hours
 ARE DATED 2013!

If "something is going on" it's certainly taking its time.

shineyshooter

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 04:31:40 pm »

lol.  As usual, the topic err...   transforms. 

aussiesurvivorman

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 09:38:02 pm »

Yooohooo! I thought we lived in Australia not the USA. Sorry no damn FEMA here. Closest equivalent is EMA which is trained by FEMA believe it or not.
Pages: 1 [2]

Top Posters This Week