Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 50478
  • *Total Topics: 4472
  • *Online Today: 84
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 62
  • *Total: 62
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240

Author Topic: How did you prepare today?  (Read 656890 times)

Prepper03

Re: How did you prepare today?
« Reply #3570 on: November 12, 2018, 05:20:18 pm »

Awesome guys, cheers!

Gympiegoat

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #3571 on: November 14, 2018, 07:10:19 pm »

Watered for 3 hours today. First crop of jaboticaba is in fruit. I have about 20 of the trees. I love them but so do birds. Should be some left for me with that many trees. lol  They can fruit up to 8 times a year under good conditions. 3 - 5 is normal.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

grenadier

« Reply #3572 on: November 14, 2018, 09:20:05 pm »

Planted water melons and westralia beans. Did some weeding, garden bed preps, fertilizing and irritating. Am developing a small local network of heirloom seed growers and savers.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #3573 on: November 15, 2018, 07:53:53 am »

this year we got a good crop of limes and lemons, trees are so loaded that we had to prop them to support the branches from breaking off  ;) 
Cherry trees are coming along finally, no fruit this year as we removed flowers to give them a chance to do better next year. 
Capsicums are loaded in the greenhouse with a bumper crop, so are the chillies, and our cos lettuce is ready to harvest.  Fig trees are doing really well but my beloved plum trees don't have a single plum on them this year which means no schnapps :(

On another matter:  Cleaver's has a special on Aussie Outback 308/168GR Matchking AMMO ATM  ;)
Picked up another 20 x 480 pc cans last week   :P

Paddler

• VIP Forum Supporter
  • 1CDO
« Reply #3574 on: November 17, 2018, 07:08:50 pm »

Went to another auction last week and picked up a genny welder ,not bad 200amp welder and 3 Kva genny for $350 and a few other goodies ,spent today at home in the veggie garden , dam blackbirds keep heaping my straw mulch all over the small plants , got the slingshot out with some 6 mm ball bearings fixed a couple ,spraying tomorrow and pick up a Rhs base with for ply for camper trailer base and some 75 x50 Rhs for a new drawbar from a bloke who owes me a couple favours for digging out for his cold store come bunker on his property another love job but something in return this time , just need to Order. the camper trailer tent and be up and running next summer when it’s all done

Cheers paddler
The brave may not live long, but , the cautious do not live at all , ride on

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #3575 on: November 19, 2018, 04:43:05 pm »

Spent a couple of $K at cleavers on edged weapons and a 2 scopes.
Lucky wife does not read my emails.
6 more pigs to kill real soon.
Been delivering jack russell pups.
Pumpkins, peanuts and corn are screaming away. Had 40 points of rain last night.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Gympiegoat

« Reply #3576 on: November 20, 2018, 08:16:42 pm »

Planted 12 X 30 cm high Pecan Nut seedlings & watered them in, did some chipping-weeding & watered 300 fruit trees. Expecting 34 C tomorrow so want to have an easier day then.
Have a great setting on my 12 custard apple trees & the tropical pear trees too. If the pear trees get any taller I'll have to pick with an extension ladder.
The jaboticaba are fruiting & the grumichama should ripen in Dec. Lot of other trees are flowering or setting fruit too.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3577 on: November 20, 2018, 09:32:48 pm »

How many grumichama's GG?
Our solo one of 25 years is a non fruiter.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Gympiegoat

« Reply #3578 on: November 21, 2018, 07:04:32 am »

Hi Russ, Have 12 grumichama & all fruiting but only on half the bush, they were all striped of vegetation on the side facing the hail through to lesser degrees away from the hail as they have fairly thick leaves. They are about 6 years old & 1 m tall. Stunted I think from lack of water. I got a few cherries the 4th year, lots more last year & even though only half output now there will be a few buckets full. Birds do not seem to eat them as they do jaboticaba. Grumichama are great, little difference to a large real cherry only no pip but flakey seeds.

grenadier

« Reply #3579 on: November 21, 2018, 07:24:48 am »

Are those grummi things something like a strwberry guava?

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3580 on: November 21, 2018, 07:43:04 am »

Lucky you GG have always though to plant a couple more. Trying to get a GAC vine that is female, much to wife disgust. Avocado are growing well after we lost one in the frost from the global warming :)

Gympiegoat

« Reply #3581 on: November 21, 2018, 06:28:07 pm »

I do not have a gac vine. I'll ask at Permaculture meet if I remember. Those folk have just about everything. I planted about 10 avos, again to fill space but most died during the 6 year drought because of global warming :) so only have 3-4 now.

Zombie

« Reply #3582 on: November 24, 2018, 10:20:07 am »

Last night/today: Received my MREs and bricks to try. Reloaded 300odd rouds for storage.
Today i am trying one of the MREs from start to finish. Discovering that i hate the taste of alot of things, since im a fussy eater. No fun forcing myself to eat something, i suppose the struggle at this point is, in my head i know i still have options if i dont eat it. None the less, forced it, hated it, ready to get some work done.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3583 on: November 24, 2018, 10:25:45 am »

Hey GG, delivering a couple of Jack Russell pups to gympie on sunday. I can come around for a cuppa if you want.
Can not stay long, but at least we have faces to put a name to then!
Russ
Pm me if you are interested. I will bring some apple catus pieces with me as well.
Start you own vermin proof wall where ever you want it.

grenadier

« Reply #3584 on: November 24, 2018, 01:55:29 pm »

Weapons audited by a real spunky little sheila walloper who says sooo many people are losing their guns. Well, fancy bloody that. Hey?
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240

Top Posters This Week