Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 1845
  • *Latest: Rewild

• *Total Posts: 46688
  • *Total Topics: 4288
  • *Online Today: 43
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 27
  • *Total: 27
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 192

Author Topic: How did you prepare today?  (Read 444906 times)

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
Re: How did you prepare today?
« Reply #2760 on: November 20, 2017, 07:22:40 am »

Untrue.
Do not trust any of them for a second.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

grenadier

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #2761 on: November 20, 2017, 07:27:22 am »

Have a good mate who is a prepper and a copper. I trust him. I take people as I find them and I'm a pretty good judge of character.

Gympiegoat

« Reply #2762 on: November 20, 2017, 09:34:17 am »

My brother in law inherited several million dollars. Anyone got any suggestions on how to put the bite on your sister. lol

Planted two jackfruit trees to replace two I cut off with the rideon mower. I tend to mow close as I am not keen on weeding due to bad back.

One branch laden with fruit snapped off 4 m Chinese Gooseberry tree as it is so heavy with fruit. It fruits 2-3 times a year depending on how much rain we get. Quite a few of my trees fruit a couple of times a year.

My dam is full, 12 ft, up from 3ft after 5 months of drought. All my trees have grown as much in the last month as in the last year or more & many are fruiting for the first time.

I go in for 3 MRIs on Wed. to track degenerative arthritis & other damage to spine. Constant lightheadedness, dizziness, burning up back & nausea when I do too much & sciatica down legs all the time. Luckily not much pain. It is sort of like carpal tunnel the length of spine. I do not recommend buckjumping or shifting pianos for a living.

My back is why I have 350 fruit trees instead of big veggie garden. Hate bending over.

My mother has broken her pelvis in two places. Will be in hospital a little while.

Good mango season this year. :)

PS. Got 400 hardback science fiction from USA for not much more than postage. Fellow wanted to get rid of them. Last box of 28 should come today. Waiting on mail contractor.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:41:09 am by Gympiegoat »

grenadier

« Reply #2763 on: November 20, 2017, 04:24:41 pm »

Am starting to feel that way about vegies too. Might have to get a wwoofer in.
Go easy on your back, but they reckon spine bashing is only good for the flu and other wogs.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2764 on: November 20, 2017, 07:43:24 pm »

I lost all my garlic crop this year, first rats did some damage then the roots starting to rot :(
Just pulled all of it out bagged it and binned it just incase its got some disease, what a waste   :-[ :-[

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #2765 on: November 20, 2017, 08:17:28 pm »

New fruit trees are forging ahead.
Summer veges are growing well.
I have 20 tonnes of yard muck ready to be bought down to the house
as soon as I have the cash to pay the bobcat driver with the tiptruck.
Too backbreaking with a shovel and wheelbarrow.
Baby plum trees are loosing branches with the winds we have been having.
I may have to tie them in bundles with some baling twine to control the damage.
Got some gumbi gumbi seedlings up and am transplanting them out as the roots
exit the jiffy pots. Got a heifer with mucus discharge from the vagina (looks big enough to pass a small elephant) so I expect she may attempt to calve tonight.
Ordered the feed mill for making pelleted livestock feed.
Hope at $1500 it is bloody tough and can handle the corn seed.
Supposed to be able to run chipped wood through it for fire fuel as well.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Mirage

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #2766 on: November 20, 2017, 09:04:57 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Untrue.
Do not trust any of them for a second.

About a year ago I was one step away from being hit by a fast moving cop car on a zebra crossing out back of a supermarket. Care to estimate the odds their dash-cam would have been conveniently 'not-functioning' at the time if I had been hit?

Then on the other hand ... they've let me off on a few things as well.

Then again ... they sure do get in the way and create needless hassles during bush fires.

I guess like any group they are just a bag of mixed lollies.
'Just how dangerous is he?'
'Compared to what? ... The bubonic plague?' 
(No Country for Old Men)

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #2767 on: November 21, 2017, 01:13:56 am »

Ok I surrender, I have a home grown turkey cooking on top of the
home made rocket stove!
And yes I am guilty of boiling water for free as well!
Errr and yes that was us on the roadside collecting 2 tonnes of free bark/chipwood as well.
Oh shit I am a bad person.
Growing our own fruit, veges and rolling our own medications as needed. :o :o ;D ;D ;D
Um all tax free I might add. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm a thief and bad person too :P . I took a log from the road side for a garden border at my last house and I steal at the beach rocks and shells.  (you aren't allowed to take even shells any more from some beaches!).  Its illegal to get involved with nature :P

and then I get my prescription drugs from overseas and I stole some chewy gum from a store when I was a very little child,  so I must be a real hard core, habital crim.

(actually one of my doctors first suggested that I get the drug from overseas and even told me what site to get it throu).  Thou prescription, our government doesn't help out for this one even for pensioners so it costs over $50 here if I get it on prescription, so I just get it without a prescription from overseas. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:19:53 am by sea-dove »

sea-dove

« Reply #2768 on: November 21, 2017, 01:37:11 am »

My brother in law inherited several million dollars. Anyone got any suggestions on how to put the bite on your sister.  lol

You could suggest they get themselves a boat :P  , never know when that could come in handy.

Planted two jackfruit trees to replace two I cut off with the rideon mower. I tend to mow close as I am not keen on weeding due to bad back.

Is that a male thing? Near every single time I get a male gardener in, I end up loosing plants throu whipper snipper or lawn mower accidents (or they just don't see them!). I don't have this issue when I get a female garden helper in.

Last time a male who was a paid gardener did my garden, he put holes with the whipper snipper in a couple of my self watering pots (and they aren't cheap **he didn't even tell me he'd had that mishap so I didn't find out till after he'd gone****... and he ran over one of my edible plants, the only one of those I had (and then tried to tell me it was a weed) which sells on ebay for about $50-$60 with the lawn mover (fortunately it has regrown back as it's a bulb thing).  It had come up naturally in my lawn after I'd tried to buy one on ebay but found they were too expensive for me to buy.

I go in for 3 MRIs on Wed. to track degenerative arthritis & other damage to spine. Constant lightheadedness, dizziness, burning up back & nausea when I do too much & sciatica down legs all the time. Luckily not much pain. It is sort of like carpal tunnel the length of spine. I do not recommend buckjumping or shifting pianos for a living.

that sounds aweful :(

I hope your mother recovers soon too.  My grandfather broke his pelvis a while ago when he was still alive.  (He was trying to show off by pushing a trailer up hill but it went out of control and ran him down)

sea-dove

« Reply #2769 on: November 21, 2017, 01:41:48 am »

Am starting to feel that way about vegies too.

or go for pereannial vines as they are far easier then garden vegetables. Eat like the cave men did, they didn't have gardens to worry about

sea-dove

« Reply #2770 on: November 21, 2017, 01:56:07 am »

Ive been feeling so exhausted the past week that I haven't done much at all.   I did thou put some more netting on a new pot I'm growing things in (birds again being annoying).

I had my friend pick up for me 11 big jars of home done olives .. all free thanks to gumtree freebies.  He also managed to get a big bag of rabbit manure, hay, sawdust mixture which I find goes great on the garden (another freebie, I was hoping she'd have more available but I guess being spring others are picking up from there too currently, so I need to try again next week. It didn't go far as I used it immediately.  I currently need about another 5 big bags as it breaks down fast.

Right now I'm finding something new is germinating every day.  My mountain mint is finally up (its  shrub) and the French marigolds back up too (last lot of those seedlings died after I was away for 2 months, the other calendula seedlings though survived the no watering then).

Ive also been doing more research on getting to know bush foods and now realise a few more weeds in my area can be eaten.  I came across the following very useful website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

also the Australian wild food map is being helpful to me (pity more don't post on it, hopefully they will sometime).  I was surprised looking at that to see different wild mushrooms being eaten by people.    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (some people even put in what road the wild eatable is found on).  If there isn't nothing in your local area posted, just make the map smaller and go to your capital city where more people have posted.

Unfortunately my so yummy and sweet Japanese turnips are no longer great, I didn't realise that till I went to pull some up as I was going to give the one who was giving me the olives some. Turned out what is left in that pot is either dried up or has been half eaten underground  (I was so very surprised to see that, all the others pulled previously had been perfect).  So Ive now pulled up all of what is left with only leaving the best one to get seeds from.  I'll probably replant those in another big pot (I have one I'm in the process of getting ready to plant in, just need some more rabbit compost first).

Ive also started on making up a recipe book for myself with recipes for bush, wild and unusual food things  eg the best things to do with nasturtiums etc etc.

I had a laugh the other day as I had my friend try a couple of things in the garden as I had been talking about the how hot some things can be and was comparing how one of my Japanese leafy greens was compared to my nasturtiums.  Where as I only pull off a leaf of things or would mix it with something else as in have it as one of many ingredients in a salad or stew... my friend when I handed him a large piece to break a piece off from, he put the whole thing in his mouth and then reacted cause it was so hot (it burnt his mouth before I had a chance to say don't put the whole lot in your mouth).

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:08:06 am by sea-dove »

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #2771 on: November 21, 2017, 06:43:33 am »

So you survived the mushrooms??
Did you get any abdo pain or violent bowel openings???
If it is over seven days then they were not death caps! :o ;D ;D ;D
I am of the mind to start making elevated garden beds for the veges as it has worked out well for the few strawberries we have. Have not figured out how I get the rotary-hoe into them is all?
Still fighting with that bloody pumpkin vine as "hot sex" still does not stop baby pumpkins going yellow and dropping off. Have added the chip bark to the blueberries to try and encourage growth.
Failing that the wife has two great glazed plant pots I bought her and she to be ok with
the idea of putting blueberries in them ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
There is still some ginger growing after last years heat way which cooked them in the ground.

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2772 on: November 21, 2017, 08:28:48 am »

Many years ago a friend used to have a great veggie patch, it was small but awesome tomatoes.
I often asked him how he fertilized it and he used to say that the wife fertilized it but he was a widower!

Turns out not a lie, his mrs liked her little garden so when she had died really way back he had her buried under the veggie patch! or so he says ;D

Gympiegoat

« Reply #2773 on: November 21, 2017, 09:25:41 am »

Is that a male thing? Near every single time I get a male gardener in, I end up loosing plants throu whipper snipper or lawn mower accidents (or they just don't see them!). I don't have this issue when I get a female garden helper in.

Orchardist near me got girl Woofer in & she whipper snippered his orchard of 200 young fruit trees. She ringbarked the lot. He did not have insurance.

You could suggest they get themselves a boat :P  , never know when that could come in handy.

They & I live on top of hills, they are even up higher than me & are old self-sufficiency folk from way back like me so boat is not really applicable. He might get a steam engine. He is really into steam. He is a retired mechanic.

Many years ago a friend used to have a great veggie patch, it was small but awesome tomatoes.
I often asked him how he fertilized it and he used to say that the wife fertilized it but he was a widower!

Turns out not a lie, his mrs liked her little garden so when she had died really way back he had her buried under the veggie patch! or so he says ;D

I often feel like putting my wife through the mulcher & into the veggie patch. It is under plastic now to stop weeds but a few years ago a fox killed all our 15 ducks one night & I buried em in the veggie garden. Should be good for a pumpkin vine or anything. Even the feathers will have been broken down by now.

sea-dove

« Reply #2774 on: November 21, 2017, 02:47:10 pm »

Still fighting with that bloody pumpkin vine as "hot sex" still does not stop baby pumpkins going yellow and dropping off. Have added the chip bark to the blueberries to try and encourage growth.
Failing that the wife has two great glazed plant pots I bought her and she to be ok with
the idea of putting blueberries in them ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
There is still some ginger growing after last years heat way which cooked them in the ground.

If something isn't working and you cant figure out why, go with something else. There are so many different varieties of melons and berries.

I'm currently not having much luck with my Oregon Grape Holly. It germinates well for me (after time in fridge) but then I cant seem to get beyond the few leaf stage with it.    I'm starting to think that maybe its just too hot here for it (I looked up the average temp for Oregon and its only 15 degrees) but I just found out though it can be okay in full sun, it apparently doesn't like bright light which will scorch the leaves so maybe its that why I seem to have killed it.   Seeing I may be frying it, I'm going to put the next lot in dense shade as apparently it can handle that.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 192

Top Posters This Week