Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 1845
  • *Latest: Rewild

• *Total Posts: 46688
  • *Total Topics: 4288
  • *Online Today: 43
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 30
  • *Total: 30
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192

Author Topic: How did you prepare today?  (Read 444901 times)

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
Re: How did you prepare today?
« Reply #2835 on: December 07, 2017, 07:12:06 am »

Well got rid of another dozen problem heifers yesterday. Money was ok and
it was the last sale for the year. Bought a grudge 2 seater buggy for the kids for x-mas.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Eldest one wants an ipad, but that aint guna happen.
They can drive the buggy to the school bus in the new year!
I am sure the rest of the kids on the bus will be talking more about the petrol powered buggy
than a bloody ipad!

Had 90 points of rain and that was good for this time of year. Wife tells me that we can not eat
the yeges as fast as we are growing them. So that is all good! One large female pig to kill in the next couple of weeks. Bought a 2 year old red brahman bull with american bloodlines at the sale.
Cost $1300 bucks which is cheap and will put him over the younger heifers.
Mate came off his horse here the other day and the careflight helicopter took him the bundaberg
 from in front of our houses here. All good as he is home now and driving his wife crazy :)
Going to order the next set of L16 A/C trojan batteries for the sons house soon.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2836 on: December 07, 2017, 01:34:39 pm »

sounds great. Vaccum seal stuff is on my "one day" list

I'm gone vacuum crazy this week...  started to pack all my clean and prepped stacks of 308 shells in in vacuum bags 100 per bag  :)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:36:22 pm by odzy »

grenadier

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #2837 on: December 07, 2017, 03:21:27 pm »

Hope you kept a few loose for dire emergencies, like if the zombles come up over spring creek.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2838 on: December 07, 2017, 05:22:41 pm »

I've got 2 x 60l buckets of 308 shells  :o :o  It will take me weeks to de-prime, clean, trim, anneal, and pack them all up   :-X

grenadier

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #2839 on: December 07, 2017, 05:56:09 pm »

That will shoot a lot of parrots Odzy.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2840 on: December 07, 2017, 06:10:00 pm »

Wife started today to pack up 10kg of plum jam, 20kg of powder milk, and over 40kg of wagyu beef jerky, chilly sticks, and beef flakes  :P
I think she started to like my toy  ???

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:11:44 pm by odzy »

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #2841 on: December 07, 2017, 07:12:55 pm »

My bee keeping gloves arrived from the UK today (now I'm just waiting for the rest of  bee suit to arrive from china).

I didn't get my planned transplanting done today but I did get some more seeds planted and started to make a worm farm.  (I'm trying to do one in a very big jar I want to keep in the kitchen)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:58:13 pm by sea-dove »

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #2842 on: December 08, 2017, 07:34:08 am »

No more sugar plum trees available atm. Out second start apple tree is flowering after 7 years
in the ground. Can not wait to see if it is a black one like we have or the green variety.
Pumpkins are hammering away and are quiet huge now. Corn is starting to flower and
the okra is producing crop most days. Guna kill another couple of turkeys next week.
Bought a red brahman 2 yo bull from the sale on wednesday, pretty quiet and well grown.
Cheap as I bought him at meatworks price of $1524 instead of the usual $4500 crap at
the bull sales.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

sea-dove

« Reply #2843 on: December 09, 2017, 08:45:19 am »

Yesterday I learnt how to do some macramé (I think that is a handy skill to learn) and made myself a couple of hanging pot holders to which I'm going to use to hang some of the self watering pots Ive made (this all is looking very good).  This will allow me then to put some smaller plants out the back (or just have other places I can plant seeds into) and not have to worry about the wallabies eating them.

Ive had more people admiring my garden this week which I find amusing as they have no idea at all that its a food garden.  Some time ago I siliconed tiny pebbles and shells over the cement blocks I have for the garden border down my driveway (beach themed garden section) and it was these blocks being admired by 2 people this time.  People are finding something or another now days to admire in my garden and comment on and another person this week was fascinated with and commented on liking the bottle tower Ive made out there and started asking me questions about that.

:P Maybe I can one day charge for garden tours and still have the reason for my garden going completely undetected.

I must be doing something right out there to have it drawing so much attention every time someone visits or is walking past but no attention at all is going  to the food plants except the huge koli rabi (which will be pulled up as soon as I get seeds from it).

I'm also half way throu designing and making myself a three tiered hanging thing for herbs which I plan to hang on my kitchen wall. 

Today maybe I'll get that garlic transplanting done which Ive been trying to get around to doing the past few days. (After a neighbour gave me xmas lights, Ive been working on xmas light display, I plan to make another big light glow ball today out of chicken wire and lights... they look excellent and the best part of my xmas display).

Bought a red brahman 2 yo bull from the sale on wednesday, pretty quiet and well grown.
Cheap as I bought him at meatworks price of $1524 instead of the usual $4500 crap at
the bull sales.

I hope this bull works out better for you.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:09:25 am by sea-dove »

Paddler

• VIP Forum Supporter
  • 1CDO
« Reply #2844 on: December 09, 2017, 09:12:32 am »

Finally got the netting on strawberries at home as had a few days back on the coast . You can see simple stands made from old timber then planted in old guttering with a mix of soil and potting mix all up about 20 plants , growing well , also potatoes in the tyres spread around the place , plus corn and heaps tomatoes for our winter supplies , mrs cooks em up with onion and frezes in zip lock bags , should have crop between 120 to 180 lbs toms some now some later , back to work today pick up load of timber from young blokes place for grandkids cubby house and have finished camo kayak pics attached

Cheers Paddler , back non stop again
A ship should not ride on a single anchor or life on a single hope ???

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #2845 on: December 09, 2017, 09:53:27 pm »

Dropped off 2 jack russell pups this morning and picked up a $K plus the deposits for the wife.
You see there is money in shit! (dog shit anyways)
Ohh and one of the purchasers gave me 2 nice reef fish fresh caught that morning as well.
Branded new bull and let him out with the heifers this arvo.
Massive storm tonite, but split and racked off elsewhere.
Plenty of feed and cattle are looking great.
Man that rocket stove chews through some timber during the day.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2846 on: December 10, 2017, 11:30:43 am »

Wife started today to vacuum seal dog food in 3kg lots, she will be a busy girl all day having to do around 200kg bwahahahahahaha

Now I know how to keep her busy  8)

Mirage

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #2847 on: December 10, 2017, 03:30:29 pm »

Wife started today to vacuum seal dog food in 3kg lots, she will be a busy girl all day having to do around 200kg bwahahahahahaha

Now I know how to keep her busy  8)

Now ... that is for a dog ... isn't it?
'Just how dangerous is he?'
'Compared to what? ... The bubonic plague?' 
(No Country for Old Men)

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #2848 on: December 10, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »

Yep it's for her pooches, and the pooches are for my Hounds ;) Bwahahahahahaha

sea-dove

« Reply #2849 on: December 10, 2017, 11:18:41 pm »

I'm still busy with xmas stuff and other things, I don't think I wont get much more prep stuff done again till after xmas.

Yesterday made another 5 hangers to hang plant pots from trees and they already now are in use.  Good way to keep the snails and bugs off of seedlings too!! and harder for the pesty birds to dig in too up there in a tree.  The starling my neighbour saved from a cat when it was a baby bird, tends to spend over 90% of its time in my front yard and it digs holes so big that I thought at first that a cat or big rat has been digging amongst the plants. What I thought were claw marks.. I worked out are beak marks.

I did this morning before it got too hot, put some biggish rocks around some of the more newly planted seedlings in my garden to stop them being scratched up.  (I need some more rocks from beach but will have to wait till the new year before I can get more).
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192

Top Posters This Week