Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Aussie Flu
by doomsdayprepper4570
[Today at 04:25:29 pm]
Re: How did you prepare today?
by grenadier
[Today at 12:52:19 pm]
by grenadier
[Today at 12:41:56 pm]
by Arkane
[Today at 11:29:41 am]
by sea-dove
[Today at 10:23:37 am]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 47653
  • *Total Topics: 4320
  • *Online Today: 67
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 2
  • *Guests: 53
  • *Total: 55

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 207

Author Topic: How did you prepare today?  (Read 464125 times)

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #3045 on: January 13, 2018, 08:28:36 am »

Well if shtf CCL at least you will be half happy or half cut depends on your outlook! ;D ;D
Picked up a ute load of chipped hardwood of the roadside and dumped it into wife's freshly weeded from garden. Put out about 40 liters of roundup to knock down all the extra unwanted grass around the houses
and orchard. Cleaning up the front this morning and give it a mow as daughter in law and two other phillipino girls are having a birthday party here monday arvo. Forgot to lock the bloody chooks in the pen the other night, what a bloody mess in the orchard. >:(
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Treya

« Reply #3046 on: January 13, 2018, 11:32:16 am »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I ordered today another 2000 Toilet Paper Tablets

For those of you who don't know what it is here is a video  ;)

from amazon?

sea-dove

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #3047 on: January 13, 2018, 11:35:40 am »

If it is really bad seadove he needs to have his testicles removed as prostate cancer feeds off the testosterone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not joking! If he has an bilateral orchidectomy he may live 5-10
years or more unless of cause it is in his pelvic bone already. The injectable drugs for
hormone treatment of prostate cancer are not needed and are dangerous, just get those nuts out of the bag! 

Thanks. :( . I had no idea before you said this that it feeds off of testosterone.  No wonder the doctors tend to just usually have a "watch and wait" attitude and leave things too late.  He's going to get his results from yesterdays biopsies in 9 days time so will know just how bad things are then.

sea-dove

« Reply #3048 on: January 13, 2018, 11:42:20 am »

Good morning preppers, happy weekend from us working types.  Seadove, by now you'll know if the bit is going bad.  In all circumstances, if you don't know what has bitten you, apply good quality honey.  Sometimes, this will make a lot of difference and it sure can't hurt.

thanks, it ended up fortunately getting no worst then when I saw it.

You sound like you have been real busy, just trying to keep with apricot harvest is enough for me right now (the whole fridge is completely full of them as I cant dry and stew them quick enough), I cant image trying to deal with excess multiple harvests at once.  (Ive never tried making cider)

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #3049 on: January 13, 2018, 11:55:28 am »

from amazon?

No eBay...

sea-dove

« Reply #3050 on: January 13, 2018, 11:57:57 am »

thanks that's great.  I love the idea that one of these could be used to do a sponge bath and then used for the loo.  If cut into 6-8, one of them would be enough to deal with females daily pees.

I just brought some $5.70 (includes postage) for 50 of them in individual packets.  I'll keep a couple in my handbag as I think these would be great for situations which can happen in daily life too eg if you get a blood nose.  Great to throw into first aid kit.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:06:06 pm by sea-dove »

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #3051 on: January 13, 2018, 12:07:54 pm »

And you don't necessary need water to use them either ;)

sea-dove

« Reply #3052 on: January 13, 2018, 12:22:06 pm »

It decided to rain yesterday morn just when I was about to start preparing more apricots for drying and then was overcast all day so I didnt get to do that. The sun isnt really out today either and its more like a windy autumn day today which I dont trust isnt going to rain, so not a great one for naturally drying anything either.  Im about to have apricots rotting on the tree as there is so many and no room for more in fridge and I havent got room in freezer for more stewed ones either. (Ive given some away to a few people but they are just building up on me).

Its amazing how many just one big tree can give when you manage to keep the birds away from most of them. I still have a few hundred on that tree.

I dont know if I mentioned it the other day, my solar phone charger I brought arrived (I got to just test it).  One of my bird scarers (imitation owl) arrived yesterday but seeing that tree is now all netted up, I wont test that out till something else fruits.

I did some transplanting yesterday (another melon type came up) and did some more transplanting
today (the last tomato seedling which needed to be moved and some bee attracting plants I've planted around the just moved melon).  All have had to go into the one newly prepared big pot as I dont have any ready garden space available in the ground  (I hope to fix that issue when that gardener decides to show up, hopefully Monday). 

Right now 2/3s of my garden is actually in big pots.  If I had to move house, I could take a lot of my garden with me.... transportable gardening. I plan to keep the pots I have in use as I rent. With being single to, I always need to be prepared for if I move as could happen if I got with someone (and if I did ever move,  I should be leaving behind a location full of native food plants.. a possible SHTF food stockpile one could say).

The bottle tower I made and have been experimenting with, Ive found isnt a good place to try to keep plants but seems to be a good place for germinating many seeds before moving the tiny seedlings out so that's what Im doing with that now.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:34:40 pm by sea-dove »

Gympiegoat

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #3053 on: January 13, 2018, 12:35:59 pm »

I've just come in from spreading a ute load of grass clippings around some fruit trees & a 4 x 4 roll of hay around some banana stands.

People up the road have a spare 1 & 1/2 acre block which gets mowed when it is one to two ft high & I get the grass for free. Got 4 ute loads,  8ft 6 x 6 ft with 4 ft hungry boards, over Xmas & got another 3 ute loads this week. It is over a ft thick around 16 fruit trees & around about 100 banana palms. The bananas love it. I worry a bit about snakes in it but been lucky so far. Used to get a lot of snakes in our hay barn when I was a kid.

I did some mowing yesterday but too hot today, mowing would knock the grass back too much. BOM says 37 C today & tomorrow.

grenadier

« Reply #3054 on: January 13, 2018, 01:04:13 pm »

Weird windy front thingo coming through Stanthorpe just now. Cooling things a little.

Paddler

• VIP Forum Supporter
  • 1CDO
« Reply #3055 on: January 13, 2018, 08:20:52 pm »

Damm windy here in Tas today but bonus was 17mm rain yesterday and last night , fine again but the damm wind puts a mocha on going fishing again hope it pisses of this week want to get the Canadian out and head on up the river for a paddle ,wind go away
A ship should not ride on a single anchor or life on a single hope ???

HD1340

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #3056 on: January 13, 2018, 10:09:38 pm »

Hope it holds out tomorrow want to check out some Tasmanian horsepower in Launceston. Some vices I can't give up.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3057 on: January 14, 2018, 07:16:41 am »

Heat was oppressive yesterday. Had to put a mist on the water melon vines as they did not like it at
all. Artichokes looked like they had been hit with a blowtorch, but recovered in the last arvo.
Pumpkins are flowering again and we should get another fuit/vege set out of the episode.
Wife's peanut plants do not give a shit and never look like wilting ever.
Made some more corn pellets in the morning until midday and then hid in the house until late arvo.
Went and put of a drum of velpar and came back near dark wringing wet with sweat.
Cleaning up patio today for daughter in laws party on monday.

Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

grenadier

« Reply #3058 on: January 14, 2018, 07:35:47 am »

What's velpar?

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3059 on: January 14, 2018, 07:41:32 am »

Tree killer goes into the ground and causes death of all woody weeds and trees!
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 207

Top Posters This Week