Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Economic Reset Imminent
by Peter
[Today at 10:58:02 am]
Re: How did you prepare today?
by doomsdayprepper4570
[Today at 08:51:38 am]
by Arkane
[Today at 05:31:51 am]
by shinkaro
[October 18, 2018, 10:37:45 pm]
by graynomad
[October 18, 2018, 10:23:17 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 2010
  • *Latest: seckioz

• *Total Posts: 50178
  • *Total Topics: 4448
  • *Online Today: 98
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 41
  • *Total: 41
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236

Author Topic: How did you prepare today?  (Read 634676 times)

grenadier

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #3510 on: September 26, 2018, 05:05:29 pm »

Digging, planting, fertilising, mulching, irrigating and joy of joys, getting smashed up reattaching slasher beam and blades. Ah well, blood is meant to be spilt. Effing thing!

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #3511 on: September 30, 2018, 11:42:31 am »

Howdy yall, GG most men over the age of 50 have some form of erectile dysfunction and this contributes to
the emergence of prostatic hyperplasia and development of cancer of the gland as it is not emptied.
I have found over the years no men will not admit to having dinger problems.
It is hidden and they stick their heads in the sand (no pun intended).
Once the gland starts to get enlarged and interferes withe the flow of urine then the troubles really start.
Urinary frequency and inability to empty the bladder are common.
Of course no man openly admits to having a wank either, but this can help keep the prostate gland healthier for longer. Just because you can not get it up with a women does not mean you can not
do a self-service! End of nursing rant. :)
You can make a few bucks drying soursop leaves and selling them on gumtree.
I am growing some gumbi gumbi trees atm and will probably put them in the ground this summer.
I take the leaves in a powdered form in capsules for cancer prevention (aboriginal bush herb)
Has been shown by tests in germany to actively attack cancer cells.
Ohhhhhhhhhh, and our cherry trees (stella's) have set fruit this year :)
So farking happy about that. So I am going to plant about 12 down in a lower block in a house yard where it is a lot colder and so should get fruit set every year.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

grenadier

« Reply #3512 on: September 30, 2018, 11:58:53 am »

Been planting spuds and tomatoes with marigolds (again), picking broccolini, snow peas and self sown lettuce. Thinking about building another shed. I might have to think abut that. It means work and it is spring time. My table grapes have shot leaves.

sea-dove

« Reply #3513 on: September 30, 2018, 04:04:48 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pm me name and address and I will send you some seeds.
I have to send some plants to seadove as well.

please do lol. Id given up on getting that but have the spot still sitting there all ready for it.   Happy Birthday for last week.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:06:58 pm by sea-dove »

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3514 on: September 30, 2018, 04:30:45 pm »

Have not forgotten girl. Some red dragon fruit cuttings, yam bean seeds and??????
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

sea-dove

« Reply #3515 on: September 30, 2018, 04:32:01 pm »

Im slowly starting to get back into things here, things have been tough and I was in hospital again last week.

Im having no luck with keeping wallabies and have had it to the vet again this week.  It had just got over what the vet said was chlamydia (common in marsupials) and it had been on two courses of antibiotics for that so I was having to inject it and got over that and nearly 2 weeks later developed new problem.

This time the side of its jaw suddenly swelled up huge over night and vet says it now has lumpy jaw (completely unrelated to the other issue it just got over).  urgh.. and its a fatal illness it's life expectancy even with treatment is only 3-12mths before it wont be able to eat any more.  Lumpy jaw is caused a bacteria in the soil some how entering the bone of the mouth (this wallaby injured its mouth on a thorn about a year ago but the issue is on the opposite side of the jaw so vet thinks unrelated to the past injury).

I think once this gets to the point where it needs putting down, I'll give the other wallaby away and give up on keeping these critters. So back to wondering on what animals I'd like to keep in the city as a disaster prep thing urgh chickens are too easy for others to hear, catch and steal and Im not about to go keeping something like rats, I could never bring myself to eat one of those and Ive heard they taste horrid.

umm I think Im going to try to bred some crickets as a living emergency food (thou I'd only be able to eat something like that in a real emergency situation lol).

Ive lost some of my plants with just having too much dramas here and being just too sick but other things are establishing here now.  My pineberries, I picked and ate the fruit from one of those for the first time today.

Ive also started to harvest the potatoes today.  I think I had planted them into a potato bag which I was trialing too late last year as the potatoes are tiny but there are lots of them so maybe those potato bags would work well if they are planted there at the right time, so I'll give that potato bag another trial.  It certainly though seemed to work better then trying to grow potatoes in tyres.

I lost the second crop on my mulberry tree (I enjoyed its first crop) as it needed repotting and everything wilted badly this week and the crop dried up, I had my old friend help me repot it yesterday and the tree now is starting to pick back up but its a pity about the fruit.  (one day when I have my backyard sorted out, it will go into the ground).

One of my aboriginal food plants is really taking off now after being in the ground for 9 mths and should get a good crop on that after only having a few berries on it in its first fruiting season.

My native lime tree which I planted about 3mths ago. That doesnt seem to be doing so well, maybe the spot is too shaded but Ive seen another growing one in a spot just as shady. I need to seek advice with that from the garden place.  It has lost all its leaves but is still alive and getting flowers on it to fruit now so Ive no idea how that will go.

My tomatoes, Im still picking them and they have fruited right through the winter though not in greenhouse.

I grew an apple guava tree from seed and that finally was planted into a big pot about 4mths ago and is starting to take off now and starting to get branches. The Rosemary which I'd finally given up on growing from cuttings or digging from others gardens and planting out, relented after failing with it a few times so brought one from the shop, the shop brought one is doing well.  I love rosemary with roast beef though I guess not too many cows will be walking about the city in a SHTF lol
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:41:33 pm by sea-dove »

sea-dove

« Reply #3516 on: September 30, 2018, 04:33:17 pm »

Have not forgotten girl. Some red dragon fruit cuttings, yam bean seeds and??????

Just those two things would be great  :)  , Im so looking forward to having a red dragon fruit plant.  Something I shouldnt be able to kill LOL

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3517 on: September 30, 2018, 04:33:48 pm »

Hmmm, may need to add apple cactus to the list as no-one can kill them  ;D ;D ;D ;D

sea-dove

« Reply #3518 on: September 30, 2018, 04:38:10 pm »

Hmmm, may need to add apple cactus to the list as no-one can kill them  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ahh apple cactus, I'd love to have a cutting of that. I thought one could not get it here and that it was something which was grown in somewhere like mexico.  Now Im confused.  Are you sure this apple cactus one is eatable?  I was reading somewhere that there is another one which isnt so eatable that many mistake.

edit   - You are right and it is in Australia  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (they have none in stock thou). I dont know then what I was reading about it a few months ago then. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:46:01 pm by sea-dove »

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3519 on: September 30, 2018, 04:43:48 pm »

Will pack up 2 as you can build walls with it and it is super nasty, but fruit is not too bad for me.

sea-dove

« Reply #3520 on: September 30, 2018, 04:49:01 pm »

Will pack up 2 as you can build walls with it and it is super nasty, but fruit is not too bad for me.

People often underestimate how cacti/succulent fruit can be quite decent eating.  Im really wanting to try the succulents which have fruits which taste like little strawberries. I try growing some of those ones from seed but failed (actualy Ive done shockenly when trying to grow any succulents or cacti from seed and have never got any of those plants past the tiny first emerging point of things if they come up at all).

How do you want me to pay you? (you have not given me bank details or an address to send anything back to or will you put that into the parcel when you send it?). Im very eager to have cuttings of those things.  Just one of the dragonfruit cuttings would be fine (unless you have an apple cacti too LOL)  seeing they grow so big and I never fail to grow things from succulent cuttings (lol I shoudnt say that as I'll probably jinx myself, I ordered from a place 20-25 different succulent cuttings and managed to grow them all. They didnt have the dragonfruit or other ones Im after thou).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:58:02 pm by sea-dove »

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3521 on: October 01, 2018, 08:26:45 am »

I will just cod the package no cost for seeds and gear.
Just the postage.

sea-dove

« Reply #3522 on: October 06, 2018, 12:29:31 pm »

I will just cod the package no cost for seeds and gear.
Just the postage.

thank you greatly, just let me know if you want me to send anything your way.  I think you still have my address in your mailbox??  Let me know if you do not

sea-dove

« Reply #3523 on: October 06, 2018, 12:46:43 pm »

Today I decided to harvest the potatoes in a different place, another experimental growing of them where I was growing them in  polystyrene tubs.

I'd heard to use 3 of these stacked but I just got 2 of the bigger sized ones and got the bottom off of one of them and placed it over the other, they stack well and put some drainage holes in the bottom.  Filled it then with soil and the free rabbit dropping mix (hay, woodchips, rabbit poop) I get from the rabbit breeder.

This seems to have worked quite well and these didnt dry out anywhere near as much as things I have growing in just big plant pots. Potatoes were far bigger then the ones in the potato growing bag but had been planted into the polystyrene tubs a lot earlier

I then replanted it back out with potatoes, it also has some form of beans coming up in that (something I thought failed in the past but obviously seeds must of been planted at wrong time) and I found a healthy looking baby yam while I was harvesting the potatoes which looks like one of the chinese yams.  So need to plant that somewhere else some time.

Im thinking about getting a whole heap of polystyrene tubs now and using them doubled up like Ive done to form a wall in the backyard which I can use to grow more potatoes and things in.   I want it so that a quarter of my food stuff is movable so Im not stuck in one location if it turned out I needed to move and the opportunity presented itself where I'd be able to get help to do so  (as I also rent having the set up so a quarter of what i grow can be moved I think is a good idea).  I think a moveable wall which is full of food stuff growing could end up being handy

With time Ill work out what is best to grow in a food wall. I guess parts of it could even be traded.. each section would be like a very fertile mini food garden.  I can see myself doing much more experimentation on this idea in the future though such an idea would be bad with a fire with the toxic stuff with polystyrene tubs if they melted
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:00:07 pm by sea-dove »

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #3524 on: October 06, 2018, 01:40:34 pm »

Pulled a calf out of a maiden heifer and both are fine :)
Getting sick of shooting them with calving paralysis :(
Our first brahman calf for years.
Got peanuts, pumpkins and watermelons planted.
Working on beds for blueberries and their shaded cover to stop afternoon sun burn.
Killed another eastern brown trying to get into the pig pen the other arvo, the big heavy pig shit broom fell on his head and injured him badly. I will have to sure it is more secure and not able to damage wildlife in future.
Remade new shaft for pellet maker out of an FC holden axle. Took a bit of machining but seems ok with the larger internal diameter bearing (thicker shaft size now).
12 baby turkey chicks locked up and being pampered.
2 star apple trees loaded with fruit and have to wipe saliva off wifes face a few times a day.
be glad when they are ripening as it will save on a lot of tissues! :o ;D ;D ;D
35 points of rain and hoping a splash more this arvo.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236

Top Posters This Week