Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Re: Places in Australia with the most Bush Tucker?
by Hoopy
[Today at 02:10:22 am]
AA Battery Power test
by Prepernator
[December 18, 2018, 06:22:00 pm]
by OzHippy
[December 17, 2018, 10:19:29 pm]
by Hoopy
[December 17, 2018, 09:57:42 pm]
by Arkane
[December 17, 2018, 05:30:19 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 50493
  • *Total Topics: 4476
  • *Online Today: 75
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 50
  • *Total: 51

Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Media article on Prepping and Preppers  (Read 2349 times)

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIP Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
Re: Media article on Prepping and Preppers
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 11:45:00 am »

Rob, those gas masks are a must around me every 2nd day for some reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Did not read article after seeing some of your comments. I trust your opinions, lol.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

graynomad

• Rob's website
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 12:47:57 pm »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Rob, those gas masks are a must around me every 2nd day for some reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Oh yes, I take my comments back, just ordered a dozen gas masks.
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 04:29:27 pm »

:-[ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Heisenberg

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 07:26:16 am »

Thank you all for your comments - very much appreciated. As a final reply from me in this thread, I do understand that not everyone has the time or desire to read the full 90,000-word thesis, so here is the five-minute explanation version for your convenience:

Title: Charting The Path Of Radicalisation In The Australian Survivalist Sub-Culture.

Research Area: Security Studies and Criminology - Radicalisation Theories.

Main Research Goal of the Thesis:
To contribute to the academic (theoretical) debate around non-violent radicalisation pathways by examining a suggested behavioural and ideological development path for the Australian Survivalist Sub-Culture.

Some Key Terms (of Concern) and Their Definitions:

Radicalisation - a behavioural and ideological development process. Note well: ‘radicalisation’ in academia does not mean a definite movement towards violence (that’s the incorrectly used media ‘version’ of the word radicalisation).

Militant Survivalist - the word ‘Militant’ is a term used in the literal sense that identifies Survivalists who openly ‘advocate’ (promote / verbally support only) the use of violence against perceived threats. Note well: ‘Militant’ does not mean someone that has or will definitely engage in acts of real physical violence in our current social circumstances.

How The Main Research Goal Was Achieved:
Australian Survivalist behaviours and thought processes were identified and presented in a development sequence, which was emphasised through case studies that outwardly seemed like those of a potential domestic threat. In clear opposition to this assumption, the Australian Survivalist behavioural sequence was found not to include a development stage where acts of actual physical violence were perpetrated. In later discussion chapters, the thesis supported the assertion that the Australian Survivalist development path is a sub-culturally relative non-violent radicalisation process that contributes, as an example, to debates concerning the validity and significance of theorised barrier influences against violent extremist development.

Overarching Finding:
In its entirety, my research supports the position that as long as Australian Survivalists are engaging in the activities and thought processes of their current Survivalist life-style (reflected in the identified development pathway), it is unlikely that they will become a violent extremist risk.

Degree Awarded:
The thesis, in its entirety, was assessed by three senior academics (who work in the field of security studies) on three different continents [North America, Europe (UK) and Australia] and the degree was awarded, after what amounted to a nine-month process of review. All aspects of the thesis, including its methodology and conclusions were assessed as well-founded.

Final Thought:
My PhD was written to contribute to an academic debate only (that’s the sole purpose of a PhD) but as a by-product it can also be used to support / validate the Australian Survivalist life-style choice. My thesis in no way threatens the Sub-Culture, in fact it supports Australian Survivalists in a way that has never been done before and I stand by the results that allow me (or any one of you) to speak against the dangerous Survivalist stereotypes, which only serve to feed the fear of the ill-informed public.

Thanks again.

SH.

doomsdayprepper4570

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 07:53:06 pm »

Everyone who is hungry is dangerous and a threat.
We will see the true nature of man sooner than later.
I am sure that many people will be shocked and perhaps disappointed.
"The true nature of beast"
I am an academic myself but I am trying to give it up as the normal people around think I am fucked in the head. The primary concern of my life is my family and friends safety and well being.
I never realized it, but I have been a "prepper" for 40 years as was my father and his father before him.
In normal times we were called farmers!

Hoopy

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2018, 07:49:14 am »

90,000 words 'eh and 3 senior Academics...Here's a funny piss-take on academic validity.

Some of those papers only had 3,000 words.

Gympiegoat

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2018, 09:58:22 am »

DDP4570 said. I am an academic myself,I never realized it, but I have been a "prepper" for 40 years as was my father and his father before him.
In normal times we were called farmers!

That is not being a academic, Russ , that is being a philosopher.

Yep, it only took two days after the earthquake & tsunami in Indonesia & there was looting- emptying shops- for survival. Fancy survivalist toys might give you comfort but what you really need if water & food.

grenadier

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 01:18:53 pm »

and shelter and self belief.

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 04:43:14 pm »

and shelter and self belief.
And some skills  ;)

grenadier

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2018, 06:37:01 pm »

Yairse, some skills could come in handy.  ;)

sea-dove

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2018, 07:40:40 pm »

I havent read anyone elses comments yet but this article Im finding so funny  ;D ;D

The 23-year-old precision machinist says he would eventually work his way north, “avoiding marauders”, until he found a forested area to set up camp.

“With the help of my native plants guide, I will hopefully be able to seek out an existence for myself,” he says.

;D  He's never ever tried this!!  and I know it is doubtful he would suscede.  I know this as I have tried this myself in a native area armed with a  couple of native food plant books and it was a failure. I couldnt find the food plants I thought I would find.  You are only "dreaming" if you dont go out and actually try what you are planning.  You NEED to learn all the plants in advance and know what exactly is in an area and where to find it to suscede well at that.

He's a "want a be" prepper haha.  Who plans but never tries out things to see if it will work.

Red has about a fortnight’s worth of food kept at home at all times, just in case.

TWO WEEKS!!  WTF  .  What kind of prepper is that, that is no prepper.  What a terrible article.

But the most important parts of his pack are his food rations, his knives, his shelter and water.

He carries a “bug out bag” which include long life biscuits, a water purifier capable of turning sewage water into drinking water, a stove and windproof matches.

OH LOL, so in other words this guy just has a few biscuits to live on in a disaster.  haha

His kits are impressive, with pieces collected from across the globe.

umm mate, how about food!  you know actual food.. 

Red's survival gear includes a folding bow, quiver for holding arrows

who wants to make a bet about if this guy has even ever tried hunting with his bow and arrow lol, I bet he hasnt done.. just like he hasnt taken his native food book out in the bush and tried to find food.

One could make a funny TV show out of this guy.  Throw him out in the bush with his stuff and lets watch him survive  ;D

If this article wasnt so funny, I'd quit reading it at this point

edit  ;D ;D

Ive started watching some youtube videos of the second prepper in that article  ;D ..  they are funny too. Short videos of him out bush not having success with things.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  this one he's lost  ;D  and in another he's surprised when there isnt water at the location he had planned to make a coffee in so then talks about going further into desert country for a creek ;D

He's one I'd want to avoid in a disaster haha.

Yeah throw both of them out bush and make a comedy survivalist show out of it.  I do not understand why the article did it on these two, pity they did not interview someone like the Red at this website. Dont worry Red, noone could ever confuse you with that one in that article.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:22:42 pm by sea-dove »
Pages: 1 [2]

Top Posters This Week
Member Posts
Hoopy 3
Arkane 2
pinhead 1
Pedro 1
MariaRoark1 1
odzy 1
OzHippy 1
Prepernator 1