Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com

• *Total Posts: 50478
  • *Total Topics: 4472
  • *Online Today: 84
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 64
  • *Total: 64
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hissy Fit !  (Read 1214 times)

grenadier

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
Re: Hissy Fit !
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 10:26:20 pm »

I would need a windmill for my bore. They reckon you can live on soya beans. I think I druther starve.Couple of tons of rice and tinned tomatoes dehydrated green beans and long life honey would do me. and books. Lots of books. I think tho that there will be water wars before that happens. Any problem this world has is because of people. There's simply too many of them. Billions of em, a veritable plague, a pox upon the earth. Rant over. Have a good week, Mates.

Hoopy

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 02:43:26 am »

Depending on how deep ya bore is it might be cheaper to get one of them old American hand pumps like in the cowboy movies LOL. There's a mob in Indonesia that sell 'em and it don't matter if they are either above ground or submersible motor applications... ya just hook 'em up to the existing poly pipe workings and pump away , our water starts at 9mt and goes down to 60 so it works out good...less moving parts and inconspicuous ta boot.

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 07:08:52 am »

FREEZES, umm, I live near Bundaberg, never even seen a frost around here :)

That's the trap! it never freezes now so no precautions are made so the first time it actually freezes the system collapses!

I know a person who lived in a warm coastal place where it never froze solid! nice 4wd bought property in mountains! too tight to put extra antifreeze in his vehicle and his vehicle after being left cold a few nights busted his radiator for a nearly $2k bill.  He had experience and did not need that antifreeze, today $2k  Post Apocalypse park it and walk!

Lagg your pipes and have a heater+feedback system in place and thermometers to know whats going on!
little things can make all the difference! :)

grenadier

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 07:46:13 am »

Thanks Hoopy. I will try to track those Indo pump doovers down.

Hoopy

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 09:18:22 pm »

Only 6min's  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

This dude has steel pipework but it's the same application with poly pipe...I have a DYI vid for a ram pump also for those that have a creek/river.Has anyone quoted for a ram pump?...1800 big ones and this guy builds one for probably less than 150 bucks using store bought fittings.

Hoopy

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 11:44:10 pm »

Ok Mr Teslonian  aint my favourite dude as he's made some stupid S#$t... he's raw that's for sure.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  ram pump.

It's not about him anyway , it's the application of the device...for instance , when it rains hard here at La La the gully we have that feeds the dam channels more water than the dam holds and my idea is to create a few dam walls along the gully to create a couple of pools in which I'll put a ram pump.It doesn't have to be 100% water tight just pool and slow the water down and the best thing is it only needs to pump to a 30ft header.At 40<60ml our gully would easily fill 50,000 litre's and that's a lot of water to have spare.It's all about how you apply the device to your own situation.

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIPĀ Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 07:48:29 pm »

Some models around this situation concluded we would have a 10 mini ice age world wide.
The closer to the equator you are the less effect it will have.
Northern and southern areas of the globe with be fugged big time.
Possibly 100 deg C below zero.
We may have snow over much of australia in the cooler half of the year.
I have covers for the rain water tank inlets and plenty of beef and millions of tonnes of wood.
May need to invest in some double insulated windows and some more insulation batts.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

Hoopy

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 09:54:55 pm »

Hey DDP it might be a good time to get a few Highland cattle breeds ;D

Well we aint got the money for double glazing but I got a few rolls of bubble wrap stashed away just in case.

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIPĀ Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 07:31:58 am »

Yeah mate or woolly mammoth!
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.
Pages: 1 [2]

Top Posters This Week