Oz Prepper Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  

News:

Donate
Happy Camper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length.

Select language:
* Recent Posts
Another new build
by Paddler
[November 17, 2018, 07:15:08 pm]
Re: How did you prepare today?
by Paddler
[November 17, 2018, 07:08:50 pm]
Re: Climate change
by Arkane
[November 15, 2018, 10:21:18 pm]
by odzy
[November 15, 2018, 07:53:53 am]
by grenadier
[November 14, 2018, 09:20:05 pm]
Traffic
SurvivalBlog.com
  • *Total Members: 2030
  • *Latest: Nugget

• *Total Posts: 50332
  • *Total Topics: 4459
  • *Online Today: 118
  • *Most Online: 573
(July 28, 2017, 02:10:33 am)
  • *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 65
  • *Total: 65
Big River
OzPrepper Minecraft Server      OzPrepper on YouTube     

Poll

Which sh*t do you think is going to hit the fan?

Natural Disasters
- 11 (8.7%)
Nuclear Bomb
- 4 (3.1%)
Electromagnetic Pulse
- 9 (7.1%)
Financial Collapse
- 58 (45.7%)
Food, or lack there of.
- 6 (4.7%)
Combination of the above! If so, make a reply with what you think will happen and why.
- 35 (27.6%)
Alien Invasion
- 0 (0%)
Pandemic Flu
- 4 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Which sh*t do you think is going to hit the fan?  (Read 28990 times)

Arkane

• VIP Forum Supporter
Re: Which sh*t do you think is going to hit the fan?
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2017, 10:23:30 pm »

Trumpy keeps poking the piggy
How long can the piggy not strike back!
Even china has started poking the piggy.

Piggys only chance is a first strike with his nukes and everything else he has then to hide deep while topside is obliterated

My probability scale is up to 95% for this year.

The really big question is will the Korean conflict snowball to the whole world or not ?

Gympiegoat

• Hero Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2017, 11:05:22 pm »

Even without a Black Swan event life will just keep getting tougher & tougher. There is endless inflation, been to a hardware store lately or bought food. Smaller packages all the time & the price still goes up. As the population grows there will be less for everyone & it will be dearer as resources get scarcer. Technological innovations may make some things more plentiful or cheaper but transportation cost is working hard to deny any benefits there.

Prime examples of downward trends will be Houston & Caribbean islands after Irma & Maria. Much will not be rebuilt. People, governments & insurance companies just do not have the money or will to rebuild.

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIPĀ Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2017, 12:19:15 am »

Yeah things are super tight at the moment unlike two ex-wives! ;)
I was listening to some dickheads on a footy show and they could not understand why the number
of people going to games is in steep decline and getting worse!
Idiots!
Must be being paid 200K a year or like.
I am shitting myself atm with the insurance bill due soon, must be $6K or better. :(
What I make reduces every year and the cost of consumables goes upwards with out a break.
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.

rwa

• Full Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2017, 12:51:18 am »

There will be a financial collapse that will make 1929 look like a fart in a fan factory. Just dunno when.

There will be a global pandemic that will be a slate wiper that could start tomorrow or not for 200 years.

There could be natural disasters that will also wipe the slate on the other side of the world.

Have a read of this ..........

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

At the end of the article there is a 4 minute vid of 6 ways the world could end ..... also worth a look.

Pedro

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2018, 08:31:48 am »

Well I think we got an indication only yesterday on what is going to hit the fan.

And did anyone even notice, other than a bit of inconvenience on buying dinner or getting a cab?

I'm referring to the Telstra 'outage' which stopped quite a few ATMs and Eftpos terminals from operating.

Turns out that the problem was  in some device in the good ol USA.

No worries, all back to normal and your smartphone can talk to the Eftpos and buy tonights dinner - at least for now.

But if you were a foreign power intent on overthrowing another foreign power without the inconvenience of
getting radioactive substances in your backyard, causing 'outages' in their electronic systems could achieve your aims
much easier.

There has been a fair bit of news about hacks of data, passwords etc. but that's just normal commercial business these days.
If a foreign power wants to get serious, they just need to cause the recent 'Telstra' problem again and again.

Not only will the general public get mildly annoyed at not being able to buy their food and drink which is sitting on the shelf,
but gradually (or quickly - I don't know), JIT systems would start to break down (Woolies can't even order more backed beans if their
electronic ordering system is compromised).
Banking systems would not function, so paying the manufacturer (and their workers) to produce baked beans becomes problematical.

'Western' governments are aware of the problem although don't say too much about it (mustn't frighten the sheep!).
Probably doing what they can, as well as producing their own offensive versions.

All in hand you reckon?
Well I don't. Having been in the IT and programming business before retirement I'm well aware of the many
shortcomings of IT systems, failures in programming code which can be exploited etc.

The problem is the human beings involved. The systems become so complicated plus other constraints - "get that code finished",
"no we haven't got time to test every combination - it'll cost too much" etc.
Add to that, other simple methods of attack - target the electricity supply grid controls in USA and the baked bean
maker in OZ can't work.

So, my vote on this somewhat old topic is that the fan will be deluged by a breakdown in our electronic systems quickly followed by
cessation of food and fuel distribution (Finance stops of course but who cares if you can't even get food).

Keep your preps going with a bit of cash in pocket for early stages, beans in the cupboard for a bit later, and your preps for
growing, hunting and surviving in general for the long term.

More info if interested:

Red

• Sr. Member - Trade Approved
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2018, 10:55:55 am »

Didn't even realise there had been an issue! Spose that's an advantage to living no where near town, having to deal with telstras shitty reception that ranges from patchy to non-existant on a daily basis, and not having any money to access  :-\

odzy

• VIP Forum Supporter
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2018, 04:16:40 pm »

Today we still have businesses without eftpos, wanted a kebab today in town and yep no eftpos, cash only sign, went to get some more camping crap and again sign which says cash only  :-X

Looks like trouble ahead alright

doomsdayprepper4570

• Global Mod & VIPĀ Forum Supporter
  • Keep ur powder dry and knives sharp
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2018, 09:51:47 pm »

Yep gotta get more cash on hand.
Got a bit of pm's coming as well just for backup.
I would hate to make a killing on pm's if world finance crashes!
Loose ends make my arse itch and I have just clipped my finger nails. So the itch flows to my trigger finger.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Top Posters This Week